24 Inch boys tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, i just picked this bike up today. I found it at a collectables shop. No head badge, and it is missing the truss rods. The number i got from the Bottom Bracket is J35453. Is it a CWC bike?? im not sure. Let me know what you think.
Image-46.jpg

Looks like a prewar skiptooth bike that someone swapped the rims and crank out? Unless i'm seeing things? Does it have screw adjusters for the rear wheel on the dropouts? Post your picture and serial number on the CABE and put it under bike I.D. under the general discussion topic. Those guys never let me down with info!!

alright will do. the rear dropouts do have the screw adjusters. I have looked and looked and still no luck pin pointing what it is. thanks for the info.

It does look like someone swapped out the back wheel. Rear entry dropouts and skiptooth drive were sold as new up into the 1950's, which would be my first guess as to when this bike was made.

It has a Hawthorne/CWC paint scheme but that is a Monark rack.

it was repainted, but when i started stripping the paint i realized that the original paint was the same exact scheme, they had just painted over, as far as the sprocket and hub goes...i got it with obviously the sprocket that you see and a beat up new departure hub, the crank is a dog leg style crank, and im not sure what kind of time period they were made in but i thought that they were earlier.

ok, so i just realized something new. the grips on the bike say super jet, rockaway NJ. and if im not mistaken thunder jet bikes were made in rockaway. is there a chance thats what this bike is? or maybe not the original grips?

Back