24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, I just want to come out and publically thank you for spending some of your time here, trying to help out the custom bicycle hobby. It's a niche market, for sure, and it'll probably never make anyone rich, but it's a big piece of a lot of guys' lives and we sure do have fun doing it.

I'm looking forward to my next build- it'll be rolling on a Sulky Slik for certain. Everything about that style tire is perfect for the machines we create. Anything different like that to set apart a bike from the pack- love it!

I do work for a local bicycling advocacy group, I help run a free public "Bike Share" program, I restore old Schwinns and I build custom bikes. My wife shares in my craziness, thankfully, as well as quite a few of my friends, and I can say the people I meet through the hobby are some of the best folks in the world- most of us would do anything to help out one of the other guys.

What you're offering here is really something special and I wish you the best of luck, commercially as well as making a name in this hobby. I realize it's a bit off course from your primary business and appreciate the time you've already spent showing us what you have available.

Just this month, I've come to understand a little bit more about what you make- our town just opened up its first OTB (that's Off Track Betting, for the uninitiated) facility in a new restaurant/bar. It's a significant investment in an all-new place, re-using an empty downtown building and effectively improving an entire city block. The owner happens to also be the host of our Bike Share rental and storage garage, and having worked with him for 2 years now I wish him also the best of luck.

The sulky races from various tracks are broadcast on screens all over the place and the competition seems intense. An interesting look into a sport and hobby I previously knew nothing about.

Take care,
--Rob Bareiss
Chairman, Bike New London
[email protected]

Jerald Sulky said:
Ok I better interject here.... these tires are made for Jerald Sulky Company for a specific purpose. These particular tires are used for our show and training carts, not our racing lineup. Our racing sulkies use a 700x28 tire that is more suited for higher speeds on an oval track (around 35 mph as some of you have pointed out).

As with most bicycle tires, these are rated at around 40-50 mph max. These tires were specifically designed for use on a bicycle style wheel, not for use on a motorcycle.

if you so choose to put these on a motorcycle then I would strongly encourage you to change your user name to kamikaze! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Tim

I ended up purchasing 10 and my buddy 5.... I'll be more than happy to grab some white walls if they are made! Fingers crossed. Thanks again and much appreciated. Bent S.

I believe the tire.... for 24" x 2.125 anyway is $24.00 on his site. w/o the free shipping I think it is calculated by your zip for shipping. I live in Portland, Oregon and it came to $9.14 shipping on the calculator. A grand total of $33.14 for one tire. A slim price for a tire thought not to exist a few years ago. I'm very happy with what I bought and will have no resevations on throwing down cash for more cool tires.

I missed this post, I would have jumped on the free shipping. Oh well, I'll be ready for the white wall, I'll need at least 2.

Any updates on the whitewalls? 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
Any updates on the whitewalls? 8)

Hey, I just place an order for some tires and talk to Tim about the white wall's and he said he is working on that , by the way Tim is a great Man to deal with !

Hey everyone!

It has been some time since my last update, so I thought I'd better get on it before you forget about me. I am still getting my order page set online for the whitewalls. I will post the link when it's ready (don't order them yet as the shipping on the website is all screwed up right now for some reason).

I have not had time to do anything as I recently lost my father in an auto accident caused by icy roads. He was 59. Your patience with me through this difficult time will be greatly appreciated.

The whitewalls should be here in late February or early March and they will be sold on a first come first served basis.

The price looks to be $36 each.

If anyone has any questions about them just shoot me a message on here or email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hope this holiday season treats everyone well

Tim

Jerald Sulky said:
Hey everyone!

It has been some time since my last update, so I thought I'd better get on it before you forget about me. I am still getting my order page set online for the whitewalls. I will post the link when it's ready (don't order them yet as the shipping on the website is all screwed up right now for some reason).

I have not had time to do anything as I recently lost my father in an auto accident caused by icy roads. He was 59. Your patience with me through this difficult time will be greatly appreciated.

The whitewalls should be here in late February or early March and they will be sold on a first come first served basis.

The price looks to be $36 each.

If anyone has any questions about them just shoot me a message on here or email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hope this holiday season treats everyone well

Tim

Sorry for your loss Tim

Our prayers are with you Tim, I can't even imagine what you're going thru. I was actually just thinking of bumping this topic today but I figured if you had news we would be the first to know. I am definately on board for at least 4.

Sik slicks Jerald!!! I would like to see white wall versions! But I know there's not a huge consumer base for it ;(

Love that drag LQQk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61rustrat said:
Sik slicks Jerald!!! I would like to see white wall versions! But I know there's not a huge consumer base for it ;(

Love that drag LQQk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what he is working on if ya read back through the thread... There will be white walz... 8)

Totally tubular!!! Jerald white walls around late Feb - early March! My bday is in March! Must cop them... tic toc tic toc ha!

~Its all about the LQQk & Design!

The whitewalls arrival date is just around that spring corner.....who's getting excited?

I haven't been able to get too much of a pre-order set up, because of the recent events and I am having our website rebuilt.....making the existing one obselete before it was even completed of course!

If anyone has any questions or wants to be put on a list please email your contact info to [email protected]

Cheers! :D

This is good news!!!

Got $$ in Paypal so hopefully you are set up for payment in that manner!

Joe

Rat Rod said:
Just in time for the next build off. :mrgreen:
I might have to get a whitewall for my build off bike :D I'm finally gonna enter for the first time :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back