2013 GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet & Drags

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to this!
The school is only a couple of blocks away from my father-in-law's house. We will be able to visit family and attend the show! Plus, after I win that bike, I'll have a place to put it if there's no room on my trailer! :mrgreen:

Is there a ride planned for the greenway?

We will have the first ever bicycle Poker Run at 11 am that morning. Top cash prizes for the 3 best hands. Each hand played is $5 with each person being able to purchase as many hands as they wish to play. I am getting a huge responce from this as well. It will take in all 4 miles of the greenway and be a total of an 8 mile ride when finished. Its an easy ride for I did it the other day in 45 minutes; however, it was non stop ride at that time. I figure it should take the avereage person no longer than 2 hours to ride. Look forward to meeting you.

dorr said:
Thanks everyone for your responce. I am getting alot of repsonce to this years event. We have 100 10' X10' spots at $10 each and have even more room if these 100 spots fill in. This is a huge school on a huge lot with plenty of space. So go ahead and bring your trailer and your whole family, we have space for everyone.

Bump for the swap meet. I need some parts! :mrgreen:

Smoopy's said:
kingfish254 said:
I may try to get a trailer and bring Fugsley and Flexy. Not sure on the dates yet.

King..get up here on Friday night before the show and ride on our pub crawl in Chattanooga with us..I think I owe you a frosty beverage anyway.. :wink:
Pub crawl? :D

I hate it, but I am just not going to be able to make it this year guys. Too much other stuff going on to make the trip.

if i can get my kickback laced up I may be bringing my ghetto Mercury Morgan build to ride in the poker run :)

IMG_6759_zps9085fe80.jpg

Today was a wonderful bike riding day so my two kids and I went for a ride to start getting ready for the poker run! :D

They both have their own bikes but are excited about riding the Super Deluxe bikes on the greenway. Abby is 12 and is just now able to ride the 26" for the first time today. It's still a little big but she got used to it pretty fast. She's already thinking about the snacks and drinks to fill the basket with! Matthew is 14 and is taller and heavier than his dad now so he had the opposite problem since I had the saddle and bars set down low. After a few miles we came back and made adjustments to raise him up and I swapped the saddles back from Old Glory for a better ride on hers.

100_4735_zpsc8213a14.jpg

The idea was to start dialing in everything ahead of time so that there's no surprises at the show. I now have a list of things to do in the next couple of weeks! While we were out, I discovered (the hard way) that my bike will need a new chain. Luckily we were not too far from home when it broke and there's a pretty good hill toward the end that I coasted down. Although I had a few bad thoughts about having no brakes, it worked out. :roll:

My wife snapped this one after we got back from the first ride.

100_4745_zps10c8c015.jpg

It's gonna be a blast... can't wait!

CCR said:
Awesome looking bunch of rides RM, hope to see you there !!!
Same here, I hope that there will be a lot of folks from RRB there!
I'm also hoping for a big turn out at the swap meet so I can find some much needed build off parts. :D

WHAT?! Can anyone attend(yes I'm over 21)? If so looks like I will be spending the night at my sisters in Chattanooga on Friday night! Dang I wish Knoxville did cool stuff like this!

Smoopy's said:
kingfish254 said:
I may try to get a trailer and bring Fugsley and Flexy. Not sure on the dates yet.

King..get up here on Friday night before the show and ride on our pub crawl in Chattanooga with us..I think I owe you a frosty beverage anyway.. :wink:

Thanks for the question. I believe the law states if you are under 18 you have to wear one. I ride it all the time with out one, but of course I am over 18. Looking for a great weekend with Temps in the mid 50's and some clouds. Hepe everyone can come.

My wife and I are staying in Chatanooga the night before, I don't know what she's got planned but sounds cool and I will let her know. :wink:

CCR said:
My wife and I are staying in Chatanooga the night before, I don't know what she's got planned but sounds cool and I will let her know. :wink:

Same here. It'll be a date night for us without the kids, so no bikes involved. :mrgreen: We will probably go to the Terminal Brewhouse at some point. It's a great little place that brews thier own beers and has really good food. http://terminalbrewhouse.com/

Please, post pics – have fun you all :!:

Good Morning everyone from Cleveland TN. For us that live in the South East TN region, the weather changes around here faster than your tv remote on a boring night. The forcast has changed 10 times this week alone for Saturday. One minute it is 20% chance of rain and 30 minutes later it is 50% chance of rain. I want say it want rain and I want tell you to pack your sun tan lotion eitther. So with that being said, the event will still go on this Saturday rain or shine. I was offered the opportunity to use the gymn but the liability is too great to take on the responsibility. The event will be outside with no cover, sorry. I am praying hard for a 12 hour window with no rain from 6 am to 6 pm. This would allow everyone time to come in an have fun and then time to get packed and ready to go home. We have worked hard for this years show to make it the best so far and will not let our spirtis be dampened by a little rain. Just keep looking on weahter.com by typing in the zip code 37311. I will be there and hope you can come but understand if you can not come. The bicycle will be given away to someone so those who come may have better odds? Thank You in advance.

ToySoldier

dorr said:
Good Morning everyone from Cleveland TN. For us that live in the South East TN region, the weather changes around here faster than your tv remote on a boring night. The forcast has changed 10 times this week alone for Saturday. One minute it is 20% chance of rain and 30 minutes later it is 50% chance of rain. I want say it want rain and I want tell you to pack your sun tan lotion eitther. So with that being said, the event will still go on this Saturday rain or shine. I was offered the opportunity to use the gymn but the liability is too great to take on the responsibility. The event will be outside with no cover, sorry. I am praying hard for a 12 hour window with no rain from 6 am to 6 pm. This would allow everyone time to come in an have fun and then time to get packed and ready to go home. We have worked hard for this years show to make it the best so far and will not let our spirtis be dampened by a little rain. Just keep looking on weahter.com by typing in the zip code 37311. I will be there and hope you can come but understand if you can not come. The bicycle will be given away to someone so those who come may have better odds? Thank You in advance.

ToySoldier
I plan on being there rain or shine! Hopefully SHINE! :D

Back