2013 FELT BURNER 29er - GOOFY VIDEO ADDED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered about the tire situation on this bike.

I was expecting it to have black walls like the photo on the Felt site showed, but got the skinwalls instead.

I guess since this one was a demo it may have been an early production model before they switched tires.

85% of why those tires rock so hard is the skinwall. The fake Comp II tread in a beefy 622 size is nice as well, but the color really sets 'em apart.

I got a chance to ride this bike, lots of fun with dress shoes on. I needed to put the seat so high it looked a little goofy, and felt the bars were to low. The kick back was fun and took a few minutes to find the sweet spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

MazdaFlyer said:
One of our LBS's have 2 red and 1 green, or at least they did a while back. The red and white have black wall knobies which look good.

Can I ask where in KS you are located? I have been trying to get one of these for a while. The only LBS willing to help me has not been able to get one from Felt, and it would seem that his status as a Felt dealer has been changed now. If I knew there was on in the KC area, I might make the trip.

Thanks, Doug

DougTimme said:
MazdaFlyer said:
One of our LBS's have 2 red and 1 green, or at least they did a while back. The red and white have black wall knobies which look good.

Can I ask where in KS you are located? I have been trying to get one of these for a while. The only LBS willing to help me has not been able to get one from Felt, and it would seem that his status as a Felt dealer has been changed now. If I knew there was on in the KC area, I might make the trip.

Thanks, Doug
Wichita, Bicycle Xchange, on West Douglas had two of them a few weeks ago also one of the green ones.

DougTimme said:
Thank you. I am not sure if I will go that far. I was hoping you were in the KC area.
Just another 190 miles or so. You know you want one, give them a call.

Have someone local walk in and pay for it and then have that person say they want to ship it to their friend. :lol:

Always try to get a New Belgium too ...

2013Cruiser_Grass.jpg

A big thank you to Silverbeach for going above and beyond in helping me get this bike. I cannot wait for it to get here, looks like it will be here Wednesday, although it will be a while before I can ride it. I had open heart surgery a few weeks ago to repair my aortic valve that has been defective since birth, but recently decided enough was enough. My surgeon says to wait another month to start riding again. We used Bike Flight to ship the bike, the price was fair and the process was trouble free.
Thank you Michael

The bike arrived today. Thank you Michael! The colors are much better in person. I was expecting red and white, but the red is nice and bright with a hint of small metal flake in it, and the white is actually to the grey side. Mine also had the skinwalls on it, I guess they ran out of the black walls. It is killing me that I can't ride it yet. I don't know what to think of the seat yet, it looks a little skinny for my butt, I may end up having to go to a Dr. to get it removed after my first ride :oops:

Latest posts

Back