2010 SE Racing "Big Ripper"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not the best pictures, but best i could do with this weather.

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

I pulled the front brake off and its on craigslist. It was just annoying me how much it didnt match.
Bar ends are up next, and then pedals, Grips. I MIGHT eventually put one of those seats with the blue lightning bolt on it.

I would have expected a price closer to the $400-$500 mark on a bike like this....looks great as is!

Forgot to take a picture of the box. But heres what was inside...and now all over my trunk.
IMG_3161.jpg

Oh, I feel guilty as heck riding this thing in the salty slush

f03220d7.jpg

Back in the day (early-mid 80s), my LBS had a couple Ripper frames hanging up, there was this lavender one that caught my eye. Back then, you could get away with colors like that! :lol: Well, it was basically unobtanium for me. This 'un stirs up old memories, and I could probably fit on that bad boy! Sounds like a great deal! -Adam

Man you scored clean on that one.I keep seeing these bikes around and its got me wanting one.Ive ridden a few of them and they are really comfy.I saw a website that has them for $499 shipped.They were $350 but unfortunatly that sale is over.The whit and blue look really killer.But PLEASE take off those hokey front lawyer washers!!! :lol:

Geez! I would say you got a deal. That is one of the bikes on my lifetime wish list! Great deal! Don't ever get rid of it! I wouldn't. :wink:

I just took the bike down the road for fun. I was putting it on my bike rack, and jumped on. Its. So. Fast.

Its not saying much, but it takes me back to when i was nine, cruising around the neighborhood on my 20" Predator. the bike fits me perfectly. Just like the predator did back then. I HATE RIDING IT IN THE SNOW THOUGH.

Its too darned cold to do some real riding anyway.

Yea, I got a new bmx for Christmas and this darn snow in Indiana is driving me crazy! I have the freestyle slicks on it and it would just spin if I took it out anywhere. Man, first little thaw we get and I am out the door and down the street. :D

Bought a new freewheel today. 14 teeth instead of sixteen. It might not be spaced right though.

I also ordered new grips, grip doughnuts and some blue brake pads from Europe. Apparently I can't find clear and blue pads here.

Gloves are coming next!

So your gearing is gonna be 30 /14?Killer ride,I ride with a guy that had your exact bike and had the frame fork powdered royal blue.

bikejunkie said:
So your gearing is gonna be 30 /14?Killer ride,I ride with a guy that had your exact bike and had the frame fork powdered royal blue.
I think so, dunno what size the front sprocket is.

It broke, took it to the shop, they replaced it no problem
07aacde3.jpg

ALso got my grips and whanot. I wish the grips were darker blue. But at least they are in better shape!
The donuts are real nice.

Funny, I was just looking at one of these at my LBS. They sell them for $450.
Was kind of cool, but the whole BMX thing happened after my time, so I couldn't quite figure what it's purpose was, being so big, the 29-ers, etc. - I get it now. 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
Funny, I was just looking at one of these at my LBS. They sell them for $450.
Was kind of cool, but the whole BMX thing happened after my time, so I couldn't quite figure what it's purpose was, being so big, the 29-ers, etc. - I get it now. 8)

$450 seems like a good deal. Especially if its a 2011.
c3461c9c.jpg

Beefiest dropouts ever
IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

Back