2008 Electra Sparker Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Decided to break these up for search engine purposes.

This is my 2008 Electra Sparker Special in satin gray.

It's an aluminum framed bike so it's very light and can be picked up with one hand.

The bike comes with a 24" x 3" rear tire and a 26" x 2.125" up front.

Also comes with a Shimano Nexus 3 speed coaster brake rear hub.

Only modification plans would be to install a set of black pedals.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Sick Bike! Just purchased an '08 Sparker Special as well but in the flat red and black colorway. I will definitely post some pics of what has been done to my bike very shortly.

Flos Angeles

One day i will own one of these Electra bikes. lol I want somthing dependable. This summer has been terrible, all my stuff breaking down lol :\

I have an 08 Sparker Special in matte red. Love the bike and ride it almost everyday. Do you guys have any problems with the fat rear tire rubbing on the chain? The wheel is true and don't seem to wobble but there's definitely rub marks on the tire. Thanks.

ricksterr1221 said:
One day i will own one of these Electra bikes. lol I want somthing dependable. This summer has been terrible, all my stuff breaking down lol :\

This seems to happen every year after winter.. lol I've got all my stuff back to working order once again.. I think i just ride the piss out of em the previous riding season and put em away, and then they break the following spring.. Idk Just quoting myself, i thought it was funny to see history.. repeat itself? lol :p

lbcycles said:
nice ride! Electra bikes are killer.... I have a couple Electras myself!

Their bikes are great, but their seats are CRAP!!!! Every seat on every Electra I've had made noise and the spring nuts always came loose

Back