20 inch cruiser, maybe Monark?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/artbyzaro1/.......%20bike%20stuff/IMG_1182_zps373190af.jpg

I picked up this little gem up today for $30! It's a 20" bike, no markings on it. The head badge was missing. There is a serial number on the bottom bracket that's stamped twice. {50245681} The seat is torn but it's a Troxler, hard rubber or vinyl over a metal pan. The handlebars are welded to the neck stem, and this thing apears to have a three piece crank. The rims are white with a thin red pinstripe on it. Any ideas as to what this is?

Re: 20 inch Murray made Sears bike

Thanks for narrowing it down for me Ben. I used that info to look up Murray serials and found it to be a Sears bike. Still don't know the age of it though. there's a 45 in the serial that i'm not figuring out yet, I don't think this thing is that old though. The 502 is a Sears buit number, and the 681 at the end is another Sears number for the model. So now im left with the 45 to figure out.

Actually, the 4568 is the number to look up in Sears catalogs. 4568 is the part number listed. Just gotta keep looking for different year catalogs until you find that model number. I think it will be between 58 and 65.

Latest posts

Back