20" 1960s Rollfast rat build for my son

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
Here's a photo of the bike with me in the photo for scale:
scale_zpsae44ffd9.jpg
Very cool build, Yooth! I really like how much it looks like a 26" bike. This pic makes you look massive! Jolly Green Giant-ish! Great pic! Great bike!

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That's a real cool looking bike, yoothgeye! :D I wouldn't mind one of those in 26" :mrgreen:

My goal was to make a 20" bike that looked like a perfectly scaled down 26" cruiser, I think I managed pretty well, I need to try some more bar combos, but right now those work well.

It could be the 2 1/2 Pacificos, but I was fooled. Very nice proportions, sweet color combo. I vote *HUUUGE* cool dad points. 8)

Real nice looking rat.

I just picked up a rollfast 20" that looks a lot like that - been debating rat or muscle bike - will be a long while til my grandson can ride it, he just turned 3, so I have time :)

Harpersvillelot3_zps7b0d8415.jpg

Man, it would have been nice to have the correct fenders.

It's all a matter of taste, I wanted the challenge of building a scale cruiser (I was just given the frame and fork with crank), but a muscle bike would be easy as scale really doesn't come into play on muscle bikes! :lol:

I think you nailed it! Looks like a 26 to me without your huge self dwarfing the bike! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

pick said:
I think you nailed it! Looks like a 26 to me without your huge self dwarfing the bike! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Objects in monitor look larger than in real life. :lol:

My dad is 6 foot tall, but I only reached 5' 10", wish I had those extra 2 inches. :(

Back