2-speed Collegiate and Higgins cleaned and flipped.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this Collegiate sometime ago. It's a 2-speed kickback, super clean and original. It was ridden some, not my cup of tea though so I listed it locally to see what happened.

bikestuff297-1.jpg

bikestuff298-1.jpg

bikestuff299-1.jpg

bikestuff300-1.jpg

bikestuff301-1.jpg

I also recently found this ladies Higgins for sale in front of an antique lamp store. Due to shows like Pickers, the guy had his head up his you know what with the price. I walked and went back a month later and reality had set in and I scored it for $75. It had the cool ivory rims and the Higgins hub, but the back rim was munched big time and could not be saved. It did have a near new Western Flyer script middleweight tire on it. Still soft, no cracks and the rubber hairs. I know I won't be needing that tire. Once I swapped out the tires and wheels and got all the pigeon poop and barn dust off it, she turned out pretty nice. The seat is amazing on it.

bikestuff302-1.jpg

bikestuff303-1.jpg

bikestuff304-1.jpg

bikestuff305.jpg

The first guy that called and e-mailed about the Collegiate came out with his girlfriend as she wanted a 'cute bike' too. $425 later and both bikes are living happily in Niagara Falls Ontario. I told them all about the site as well. Cheers, Jordan

Back