2 hour drive, $60 paid, $12 in tolls and about $25 in gas. 2 Stingrays!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, someone had a yard sale on a Tuesday! Emailed him last night and he held them for me until he got there. Had no idea what I was getting, I just knew they were from the 60's and what color they were. Needs tires and tubes, and a good cleaning, but in really good shape!

The green one is a '68 Stingray Deluxe with the Bendix 2 speed overdrive kickback hub.
The white one is a repaint (original green) Fastback and I can't make out the serial number to figure out the year.

Also picked up a Nicetown Tricycle and a Persons springer seat.

SCORE! I love that green sting. That is one color I can't seem to get my hands on.

Yeah, the green one is in amazing shape. Just needs a cleanup, new seat, tires and tubes. Chrome has a little bit of surface rust and that's it. Paint has a few chips, other than that, it's in great shape.

The white one is showing the original green paint, so I'll be cleaning that one up with paint remover to see what's underneath. Chrome isn't bad at all, just needs a good cleaning, tires and tubes.

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE WHITE SCREENING ON THE CHAINGUARD OF THE GREEN BIKE.

One hit with the hose or a rag on that area can easily blow those graphics right off.

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE WHITE SCREENING ON THE CHAINGUARD OF THE GREEN BIKE.

One hit with the hose or a rag on that area can easily blow those graphics right off.
I assume this on every bike guard more times than not its true a light spray with the hose makes the litho go away.. Yes I also learned the hard way .. PS Nice bike find.. ..

Great finds. Have fun with them, if you ever want to sell the Green 68 Deluxe let me know. Thanks, Matt

Great scores!

Back