1st Annual "Give Thanks for Bikes" Indoor Swap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I stumbled across this in another thread. It seems a couple New Englanders are going. Ian and I just discussed it and we are going to play it by ear. If we do go we will get there early (Not Yeshoney early) speed browse and then leave as he and I both have many plans that weekend as it is.

Out of curiosity, Who is going?

http://oldroads.com/dudley/

http://www.dudleydorightfleamarket.com/

Maybe!........Now that I'm retired I lead a very "busy" life. I'm going to do my best to try and squeeze it into my schedule. :roll:

I have to help set up our club's cyclocross race course that day, but if I can squeeze it in early in the morn, I'll go.

Saturday is not a good/regular day for swap meets,(Friday's worse;Copake).
I too have afternoon plans but am willing to show support for this event
with an early appearance,8 to 11am or so.Hope it's gonna be good. I plan to
bring 3 bikes,some parts and shop. Somebody got a table?

it's looking like I'm going. Might be a brief appearance, no not an appearance in my briefs Skip - relax. If our club's bike race get's canceled and I don't have to set up the course that afternoon, then I can stay longer.

As I mentioned in another thread I will be there early. Gonna leave my house at about 4:45 and get there around 6. I plan to meet Danimal that early. i have to leave no later than 8:45 - 9 depending on how long it actually takes me to get there. i am bringing a large load of $2 bike parts. Most of it will be 20" bike parts with some nuggets in there too. I had to clean out my basement to put away some additional furniture (I know less room now for bikes!). Every part I bring will easily be worth $5 apiece, but I want it gone!@ All very usable parts, I just have too much of each thing and I don't ride 20" bikes anymore. C ya there early! Look for my Lt Blue Honda Odyssey with the Red Sox logo on the side glass.

Joe

Joe ,I will search you out if that's what ya got,I need a couple of pieces,
trying to match a 20 x 1 3/8 gumwall tire, raleigh rodeo 3+2 stuff and
ape-hangers. C ya in the AM

I'm going for sure. Unless something happens with my wife that prevents me from going.

I am bringing the 71 Raleigh I just finished and my 88 Schwinn 27" framed roadie in Bianchi green and an old woman's bike that I rat f ..... err .... ripped some parts off.

Anyone getting a table? If so I'll pitch in for the cost if you let me display my bikes at it.

Skip,

We will have to make sure we get Glenn to bring the Higgins there too so you can finally get that.

And Joe, put all the good stuff aside for me please. As long as I beat RIck there, I'll be all set.

I am on it Dan. I'm stopping by Joey's to get something for Glenn too.

Looking forward to seeing Joey's Spaceliners.

I plan to leave my house about 6AM. Joe will be there already. Hope he'll be there when I get there about 7:45. Look forward to seeing all you banana heads. (that's a term of endearment)

KZ1000 said:
I need some more Bikes and Parts, I'll be going

KZ--

I will be there, and I'll bring up the 26" wheel set we talked about a long long time ago.

I don't know what time exactly we'll get there but I'll probably have a Cody with me...

We will try to be early. I'll be putting my Bicentennial in the show area I think.

76bicent1002.jpg

--Rob

Good to see all my buds. Had a nice drive up. Gave the Shelby to BankeRat (that he bought from JoeyMac), he gave me the Colorflow to me (that I bought from Danimal). Saw some very nive bikes there/ One stood out to me: A very nice men's Silverking. It was ll there. the gentleman wanted $400. worth every penny. sorry no photos. Funny thing is he had it buried behind 8 other bikes.

I bought two bikes for my friend Tim (Crash). One a Spaceliner one a Flightliner. Both in fair condition. Perfect for rats. Both have the rat trap springer. He is going to keep one and he's giving one to his son to customize. He's letting his son decide which he wants. When I saw the Flightliner for $40, I texted Tim a pic. Tim said yes. I went back to the guy. He pointed out the Spaceliner and said I could have both for $65. I had $56 in my pocket. He wouldn't take that and pointed to Dan and Glenn and said "I'm sure your two friends have $4 you can borrow." Thanks to Glenn, Tim has two bikes.

The handelbars I got from yeshoney are da bomb and look great on the ColorFlow. I pulled the ratty brooks saddle off my Raleigh and it will live on the ColorFlow as well. I should be riding it in a few days.

KOTA picked up a nice little Columbia Playbike. I left early, did anyone else get anything good?

Back