1998-2000 Apple Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Picked this up yesterday. I don't kow much about these other than they were sold through Schwinn dealers and have a lot more detail/quality than BFKs. Anyone know how to date these?
I plan on trying to clean it up and remove as much rust as possible. All the parts look to be there including the rear slick. Rode it a bit - lot's of fun!!! :)

IMGP2036.jpg

IMGP2038.jpg

IMGP2037.jpg

There should be a 4 digit number stamped into the head badge, First 3 are the day of the year 1-365 the last is the last number of the year to get the decade you just got to look at the frame. Example 0058 would be January 5th 1998 or 2008.

Not sure how to date these exactly all i know is like you posted they were made only 1998,1999,and trailed off into 2000.
The junky repop like I own (2007) is a totally different bike sharing nothing with the original krates or the very accurate 1998-2000 version.
Nice find though,they are in demand,good job !!!

I say leave the rust! Looks like a well-survived old Schwinn that way :wink: You'd fool a lot of people.

Just pull the Made in Taiwan sticker off :mrgreen:

Unchained said:
I say leave the rust! Looks like a well-survived old Schwinn that way :wink: You'd fool a lot of people.

Just pull the Made in Taiwan sticker off :mrgreen:

And the Helmet warning sticker on the top tube. Dead giveaway.

Back