1982 Schwinn Sierra rehab

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this one up this last summer for a few bucks and thought it deserved a rehab The first run of the sierra made from the same frames that were used for the sidewinders(varsity) Schwinn added canti mounts Suntour power thumb shifters and a tange fork This is how it was when found this is Not really much of a build just a rehab Going to use a set of araya 7x wheels and change to three peice cranks new tires and a Brooks saddle
83schwinnsierra_zps05b62bf6.jpg

stripped down and ready for paint
siera2_zps3e5e36b3.jpg

Sanded and primed the rough spots
siera3_zps17b87720.jpg

All touched up I used Ford factory dark blue engine paint and krylon clear coat saved the original decals by masking off Way to hard to any new ones
siera4_zps74afaec0.jpg

Going to polish up all the parts tommorow an reassemble

Wheels and tires all cleaned up Araya 7x with suze sealed hubs and panaracer Smoke and Dart tires
sierrawheels1_zpsc956c334.jpg

Parts all polished up New chain cables and sealed bottom bracket
sierraparts_zpsf5f73332.jpg

Got lucky and the sun broke out for some outdoor pics of finshed bike Came out looking a lot nicer than I expected Just need to find the right pedals and it will be complete thanks for the comments guys I really dig the look of older mountain bike especially the early schwinns next up a 83 cimmaron and finish up the 41 dx klunker
sierraout2_zpse03fee96.jpg

sierraout3_zps481e97e3.jpg

sierraout1_zps8d9677a7.jpg

Thanks Peatbog This particular set I got from a friend who owns the bikeshop here in my town They were take offs of a bike he purchased and parted out he sold them to me for 10 bucks (steal)

Back