1980 BMX what is it?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
131309_10151276842697813_1697167385_o.jpg

had this for a while now

first thought it was a knock of 1984 raleigh burner

then thought it was a 1982 fuji MX-500

now i have no idea

and the seat clamp is welded to the frame

its got 4 holes in the front fork stays

a tab for chain guards on BB and seat stay a looptail and a indented gusset (single plate) with one hole

any one seen this before?
any help would be awesome guys!!

im assuming 1983?

i know that the back wheel it had was like 19T or 18T and they were chrome rims

this is killing me not knowing

I GOT IT!!!! It's a Rampar R-10. The fork, I still don't remember who did it. Takara is what my "pop quiz," answer is. The bars are Redline all day.

i did think redline bars, do they have tabs for a chainguard tho, that seems to throw off so far

mikeeebikey said:
I GOT IT!!!! It's a Rampar R-10. The fork, I still don't remember who did it. Takara is what my "pop quiz," answer is. The bars are Redline all day.
here is a pic of my rampar r10. different gusset on mine but very similar.maybe its just a different year ?
DSCF2463.jpg

that ross looks the same apart from the double plate gusset, as for the rampar, could be, i refuse to believe this bike has been lost from the timeline!

could it be a cheapo store bike of its time? possibly copying the big boys?

bugger, but i dont care its old and its a bmx and i love both those words!

any idea on value - or has anyone actually found out what it actually is!?

junknutz1975 said:
mikeeebikey said:
here is a pic of my rampar r10. different gusset on mine but very similar.maybe its just a different year ?
DSCF2463.jpg

Oh you are right! I had one a long long long time ago. My best friend had that frame he posted I will call/text him.... That was like 1979!!!

feeblington said:
BUMP

anyone had any luck?

a bike shop man though it was a fuji but wasnt sure
I ask my Homee and he doesn't remember!
He had Fuji's, that's not one of them, he had Kuwahara's, it's not one of them, and he had Takara's, it's not one of them!!!
Cycle pro? They had a "loop tail," and so did Concord(?) BMX.
It's not a Thruster!
Most the chain store bikes were not loop tail, and the welds gave them away, no hiding Huffy/Murry garbage can welds of the 80s.

christ this bike is a freak

just had a look through cyclo n concord - cant see m 2 find anythin

buy stumbled across a late 1970's Kabuki that is pretty .... similer, same bars stem n crank that mine had (shame crank was bent into a pretzel)

i'm still hunting but atleast getting closer

you guys hav been instrumental cheers

I had one almost identical, I went down all the paths you're going down now and never found out exactly what it was other than a low end Bmx bike from back in the day. I found many that looked close including concord, Fuji, rampar, and a few others.

yea, seems like all the old crappy out-of-a-box bikes had no real make, just a word if you catch my drift.

mite just build it up for my lil bro - you reckon the tabs for the chainguard could be hacksaw'd off safely?

Latest posts

Back