1975 Schwinn Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just drove two hours to pick this up tonight and then two hours back home :) I am glad I did it looks better in person then it did in the picture she posted on CL.
SchwinnStingray.jpg

SchwinnStingraySprocket-1.jpg

SchwinnStingraySprocket.jpg

SchwinnStingrayHeadbadge.jpg

Re: Chicago Born Schwinn Stingray

Looks good! I just scored a blue one just like that.

WOW schwinnmesa you are really really GOOD. How did you tell it was a 1975 just by a picture? It was made Nov of 1975 Thanks to backpeddler he decoded the serial number for me yesterday. I am in love with these stingrays and hope to learn more about them and hope to collect more but they are hard to come by around here.

The paint has a few nicks in it but otherwise it looks amazing. The guy I got it from said he bought it off some kid in his neighborhood that tears bikes to pieces. I am glad he got it before the kid really tore it up. Now to clean the rust off the rear rim and handlebars to make the chrome look as good as the paint. :)

Adam what did you think of that picture she had posted? If they had posted better pictures I think i would have had trouble buying it, everyone would have beat down there door to get it.

I know the seat is not original but i am not sure about the rear tire. The rear tire has Schwinn-Stingray (Nylon) on it. The front tire has Schwinn Westwind for S7 rim tubular on it

tgriffin27 said:
Adam what did you think of that picture she had posted? If they had posted better pictures I think i would have had trouble buying it, everyone would have beat down there door to get it.
Yeah, it was a "hanging up in the garage, pic from ground level special" for those who missed it! -Adam

Hey Griffin! November of 1975? Same as mine! We should compare the serial numbers someday; they're probably really close. Yours is way nicer than mine! Looking good. 8)

Latest posts

Back