1971 YAMAHA DT1MX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw this on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and thought it looked really nice.

It sold for $5900.

832f_3.jpg

ad70_3.jpg

9707_3.jpg

9dff_3.jpg

a1be_3.jpg

a55a_3.jpg

b15d_3.jpg

b96d_3.jpg

bd12_3.jpg

That's a great looking and a rare bike nowdays and seeing pics of it sure brings back memories. That was Yamaha's answer to the Kawasaki Green Streak. MX wasn't even on Honda's radar then although there were a few SL and CL's that had been chopped up for racing MX. Up until that time, most of the top-shelf MX machines came from Europe and were expensive. When the Japanese finally caught on it brought affordability to the sport. I remember Kieth Jackson, (whoaa-nellie himself), calling a MX race in at Lake Elsinore on ABC's Wide World of Sports and that event had a major impact on MX in the USA. It wasn't long before Honda came out with two-stroke MX'ers like the 125 and 250 Elsinores. Thanks!!!

Nice bike!

Steve, at first I thought that bike was yours from the very clean detail... until I saw the snow and thought, "Nope! Not in Texas!" :mrgreen:

wow that reminded me of my ride as a teen in 1978-1979
my 360 had way more power than my scrawny body could handle back then and wasnt as nimble as the "rich" kids running new RM Suzukis
but it was one of the best times of my life!
12_1972yamaha360rt-2.jpg

that bike is way too clean! had a `72 yamaha 360mx,that had the worst power band,you could imagine! fixed that by buying a `73 husquvarna 450wr. that bike was truly awesome! :D well, except for dis-mounting the bike, everytime you had to kick it over! swede`s dropped the ball,on the unusual starting procedure! :lol: :lol:

Back