1970 Schwinn Racer *Beautiful*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this 1970 Schwinn Racer yesterday 10-2-08 from a very nice guy. It's perfect! Everything works... everything! It rides like a dream. I didn't do anything to it yet! Sure, it needs a detailed cleaning... but otherwise, there is huge potential in this one.. not like you can't see it already! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This bike looks better in real life than in the pictures, my camera is not the best. Otherwise, enjoy. :D

PICT0459-1.jpg

PICT0456-1.jpg

PICT0457-1.jpg

PICT0438.jpg

PICT0440.jpg

PICT0441.jpg

PICT0442.jpg

PICT0443.jpg

PICT0444.jpg

This is not a sticker, although it looks like one; it is not, weird.
PICT0445.jpg

PICT0446.jpg

PICT0447.jpg

PICT0451.jpg

PICT0449.jpg

PICT0448.jpg

PICT0452.jpg

PICT0453.jpg

PICT0454.jpg

Here are some photographs of two 1970 Schwinn Racers together.
Manufactured date of green Racer = March 1970
Manufactured date of blue Racer = June 1970
-These bikes are only 3 months apart, however they are very different. Even the serial number on the green Racer is stamped on the rear dropout, not on the head tube like the blue one.

PICT0461.jpg

PICT0462.jpg

PICT0463-1.jpg

Best photo of the year: :wink:
PICT0465-2.jpg

horn, mirror, lights, tool bag. that thing is loaded ! i like the original bike shop and tag sitckers too, thats a keeper :mrgreen:

SWEET nice bikes, i always liked the painted fenders more than the chrome. and the decals are all like that, the waterslides were put on over the paint. nice and original :D

lol, sarcasm of course. :D I can't wait to clean this one up, first I need Steve to publish his book, "How to make your old bike look mint"... come on Steve - it's still not in the book stores what's going on? lol.

Even the serial number on the green Racer is stamped on the rear dropout, not on the head tube like the blue one.
Mid '70 was when they changed the location. I love 'em both! I have a 68 Racer that's that same blue, haven't dug it out to shoot it for my photo gallery yet. ~Adam

Thanks guys. :D Yea I do agree, blue + green = eye candy. :mrgreen:

I also like the Racers from the 1960's... Adam, dig out that photo! :mrgreen:

schwinnmesa said:
Thanks guys. :D Yea I do agree, blue + green = eye candy. :mrgreen:

I also like the Racers from the 1960's... Adam, dig out that photo! :mrgreen:

i'm not adam, but here's a couple from the 60's....
DSC01291-1.jpg

Back