1969 Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think so. It would be gone If it were around here. Anything people see with the Schwinn name on it, its usually snafu'ed up in minutes.

I just like the banana seat. :)

Here is mine im in the process of rebuilding it :mrgreen:

I'm gonna post some pictures going to pick it up friday. Looking forward to cleaning this one up and keeping it original.

Juniors were 16" wheels. Look at the tire size on the sidewall to know for sure, but that banana seat looks huge, which is why I think it's a junior. If you've got kids that size, it might be a good find. But if you're expecting to flip it because Stingrays are popular, you may never see a big return, depending on how much you put into bringing it back.

Junior Bikes also have 20" wheels with the 7 hole sprocket where as the larger model 20" sports the Mag sprocket

p.s. thats a fair price .ofcourse i would try to haggle for a bit lower.

Rafael.

Juniors did have 20" wheels but the rear rim is a S7 which takes a unique size tire. Standard stingrays had a S2 rear wheel.
The handlebars are smaller, seat post and sissy bar are shorter, seat is smaller, goose neck is different, smaller hand grips, smaller frame with the lucky 7 sprocket, rear fender narrower, pedals smaller. I think that is about it.
Not much value in the junior models.

I would likely buy it, I would offer $50. Looks like the chain is missing, the seat looks wrong and the grips are wrong, hopefully the rims are correct S-7's cannot tell by the pic. Midgets were the 16" bikes. Juniors are 20" bikes that were made for slightly smaller riders as a lot of the parts were smaller. The frames themselves were a little shorter. Many kids got Juniors and as they grew up switched out parts like the seat, and handlebars to make them more like the full size stingray and easier to ride as they got bigger. Looks like the bike should clean up pretty well and Campus green is a good color. I have attached pics of my 69 Junior and 69 Regular Stingray(Fenderless) for reference.

596ad5105a7e0a0149edb18b481908a8.jpg

f2765590a1eec1494f6c9f386bf9c41a.jpg

If you get the bike and have questions feel free to PM me.

Back