1968 Cheater Slick Modified

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to thank Jaxon, for his willingness to help n welcome me to a new environment.
It was a six year search to find this huffy I had as as kid. I feel fortunate it's in such a great condition! Quit honestly I'd have bought any old rusted out, parts missing one I could find... But I'd like to bring it back to as original as possible. I found the correct grips. I need a front rim 20 x 1 3/8" original pedals (I am watching the ones on eBay shhh! ) Mine had a 48" sissy bar..... Anyone have one to many??
The fenders n top of chain guard were re-painted (color isn't correct) I'll probably re do them to match original color this winter.
If anything else is incorrect I'd appreciate if being pointed out.
Thanks for the any interest...bernie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    760.7 KB · Views: 377
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 312
WOW..... So a buck fifty won't buy a set of nos Excel double red line bow pedals! and the eBay grips arrived Friday, only one was a Huffy and in worse shape than described...
So back to square one... I should have been like my sisters, one had a Schwinn girls purple 3 speed n my younger Tom boy sister had a Schwinn green

Sorry wrong bottom :)
5 speed fastback... But no I wanted the "chrome huffy" ... If I'd wanted a Schwinn, it would be back to original already! I'm getting that other bike parts are not so common. So, diligence n patients are going to be required.

Those pedals were high because they were NOS. Good parts always bring good money. You might have to buy a bike to get that front wheel. We have all bought a whole bike to get one part we needed. Most times you can sell the rest of the parts or bike and get your money back... or most of it. The best way to find the parts is to stop looking for them. They always seem to pop up then....lol Almost every part or bike comes up for sale at some point. You just have to wait it out.

I had to roll my eyes at the nos pedals.... But was expecting it as a similar used set with solid red line sold at $130
Buying another donor bike is an option.. However, as it's only a Cheater Slick, the Modified version makes the front rim likely only found on a Rail $$$ ( I talked a little with the guy I bought this bike from. I wouldn't think so, but It's entirely possibly that my bike was a donor for a rail?
It's been just my opinion that the front rim isn't correct. I'll picture it, maybe you can validate...
As always, thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 228
Pretty sure that Araya front rim is correct - the Rail pros will have to chime in, but any Super Stocks ( 24" ) I've had had Araya fronts. Have to think the rails had them as well ?

Back