1961 straightbar flying star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i put a balloon front wheel on it for now
rust
stuck stem
rides
flyingstar_zps7347e2bb.jpg

Try turning bike upside down and squirting some Kano Kroil through the fender screw hole in the fork.Let it soak for a day or so,that should free it up

the stem bolt is lose so i sprayed from the top
i havent tryed to get out the fender nut
dose any one know what stem this is?
its not a stamped wald peice that came onmost of these low end middle wt. schwinns

Well,I'd try the Kroil its made for these problems and its the best.I've tried a bunch of others.The stem looks like a stock Schwinn from that era,not positive.

It would look nice restored in emerald green as the main color with mint green as the two tone on the tank and fenders, etc.

huffyrailsarefun said:
It would look nice restored in emerald green as the main color with mint green as the two tone on the tank and fenders, etc.
did they have candy green in 1961?

I'm not real up on schwinns if they are other than krates or stingrays

No one ever wanted to teach me about the non stingray and krate Schwinn bikes. Around me everyone is scared of competition and no one wants to help or assist anyone in learning Schwinn bikes because then there would be more people "taking away" their " schwinn finds", parranoid isn't it? Thats why I never bought a Schwinn bike and why I never bought a balloon bike, because everyone has such a poor attitude by me about other people getting into those bikes, so I just let them have those bikes and secretly wished I knew what they were worth and had knowledge of them so I could buy a couple to ride without someone hosing me over or overcharging on the price. When I find someone to teach me about ballooner bikes so I know values, correct parts, colors, years and bike styles and what a Scwinn B 2 or whatever the number thing is means then I'll buy one, or two, or three or more ballooner bikes, when I know a touch about them. Right now I'm clueless. Schwinn B2? B6? Huh?

I didn't know you were going for original colors for the particular year. I just meant if you were thinking on a possible color thats what color scheme I would paint it myself.

Back