1958-1960 Bikes for the Movies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I posted this in the wanted section, but no bites, so I will post here.

I have a contact from a Movie prop company in CA that I sold a restored BMX to a couple of years ago -it was for the movie Super 8. I recently spoke with him and is now looking for bikes from the 1958-1960 period. These types of bikes are out of my realm now, so I am asking you guys if you want to sell your bikes where it will be in the movies.

He is collecting bikes to be in two movies, both in the 1958-1960 time period. Show me what you have and price, and I will pass along to him.

Boys bikes are preferable, but may consider girls bikes.

Thanks

That would be cool to have a bike in a movie, some people didn't like Super8 but I thought it was really good for a movie with JJ Abrams name on it.

I hope they find what they are looking for and I hope it's a great movie too.

kngtmat said:
That would be cool to have a bike in a movie, some people didn't like Super8 but I thought it was really good for a movie with JJ Abrams name on it.

I hope they find what they are looking for and I hope it's a great movie too.

Thanks. They are actually needing bikes for two movies. Both take place around the same time period.

I'd be willing to throw up my all original early '61 Corvette for $400. They were identical to the '59 and '60 models.

61Corvette-vi.jpg

Back