1957 Evans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pick up this bike back in the mid 90's for 25 bucks at a swap meet. It had about 6 coats of paint on it, all brush painted. I sandblasted it and repainted it. I used a JC Higgins rack along with a Columbia chain guard and some random fenders that I don't know what they were off of. These first pix are what it looked like when I first made it in about 1999. Sorry for the blurry pix but this was before digital cameras.

After years of riding including shipping it across the country a couple times, due to the Navy, the paint was shot, the fenders were dented and the tires were worn down to the threads. Last year I decided to re-do it so I could ride it around at the Lonestar Round Up car show in Austin Texas. I had a pair of 26X2.35 cream tires that I used which are so fat I couldn't fit fenders back on it. But it's a rider now. All I know is if you ride a cool bike at the LSR car show, the chicks dig it.

I still ride the snot out of this bike. It's smooth, comfortable and very easy to ride. I've been asked about the twisted spokes if it's hard to keep them true. These wheels were spoked back in 1999, I probably have a couple thousand miles on it, no joke, and both wheels are still as true today as the day they were spoked. I've never adjusted them in 15 years.

Last edited:
vary nice bike man :thumbsup:

my fav color! nice bike build and great shot of it infront of my buddies panel
Thanks Jen. Yup, green is one of my favorite colors too. And Tony Squindo is a very cool guy and a heck of an artist too.

Wow,someone beat me to the punch and years ago to beat!! Awesome job the color slaps you silly:thumbsup:! Since the bikes are "Sonic Scouts" the "winged" chainguard just looks so much better than the "ho hum" boring original.I really like the fact that you "ride the snot"outta these old bikes as I run the heck out of my stable of ponies too,Oh yeah,is that Rockabilly chick available for a photo shoot :grin:. Ride On!!
I just picked up my Evans a couple months ago been wanting one for years and am burning hard time to get her done for summer.Check out the Drag-on Sonic Scout & the "New life for an old girlfriend Columbia Torpedo in the "Builds" and "Events" threads.

Latest posts

Back