*1955 Huffy radiobike*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I found this Beauty in a antique store in Indiana on Flickr, Here is the story on how the original owner got it, 2 owner bike btw. His mother and father bought it at a western-auto store in 1956, the bike was shared by three brothers after 1 of their brothers died from cancer. The owner I got it from was 10 when he got it and he rode it the most, He said he put paper route baskets on it because his mother wanted him to ride up and get groceries for the family. He said he only got in two radio stations and had to ride a certain way to get reception. After he grew up it was in his brothers pole barn for along time before finally making its way to the antique store and into my hands. The first picture is of it in the antique store. I had to get a few pictures of it even though it is 40 degrees out and I couldn't resist riding it :lol:
8.jpg

-5.jpg

-6.jpg

-3.jpg

-4.jpg

-1-1.jpg

Thanks for reading, Nick.

Nice find nick glad to see you picked it up looks like all it needs is a headlight.

Sweet find Nick! :D Still has the power pack too :shock: :shock:
Nick :mrgreen:

We don't know if the radio works at this point I'm hoping it does with the condition of the whole bike being in good shape, and the handle grips never came on it but I found a pair that match the bike so I bought them.

Back