1954 Schwinn Corvette bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of my latest creation. It's pretty much all real Schwinn aside from the tires and one or two nuts and bolts.
schwinnbob.jpg

The bike turned out pretty good. I stuffed it all together in a day or two threw it in the car and drove about 250 miles and showed it at the Cape Coral Mall, then threw it back in the car and took it on a community night ride through dirt, grass, and horse fields with no problems. Pretty much all of it came off of Ebay over the past six months or so. The chain is a red KMC chain left over from another project, the forks are mostly real Schwinn with a short hardware store spring, ground and rebent neck piece, a couple of skate board parts, etc. It is fully functional with original paint and lowers the front end a bit. The frame is also original paint. The rims are real S-2 - the rear has a yellow band kickback laced to it and the rear fender is actually cut down from an old Schwinn 24" girls bike. It mounts so close to the rear wheel that you have to remove it first to get the rear wheel off. Overall, I'm happy with it, but I'm on to the next project (1966 Fastback.)

i love how simple and clean your bike is. very cool idea on the fender gotta try that out.

Latest posts

Back