1951? Jc higgins Regal deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you want to post this in the Fresh Finds section of the forum.
Cool find.
Welcome to RRB

I've heard people call them everything, color flow, jet flow....etc, I've done some looking around and mine is identical to the ones that say "regal deluxe" on the chainguard. Are they all considered color flows, just different models?

Great find!
I think you want to post this in the Fresh Finds section of the forum.
Moved to "Fresh Finds" if you decide to turn this into a build thread as you clean it up just let me know and I will move it to "Builds." ;)

Welcome aboard!

Luke.

After reading the year / model descriptions in Scott's "Collectable Elgin - JC Higgins -Hawthorne Bicycle" book...these bikes started in 1948 and through 1950 were advertised as "color-stream"styling. In 1951 through 1957 the description changed to "color-flow" styling. Billed as a "look of motion", "exciting as a police car with lights....", and this description. .. New "color-stream" from hub to tail". Then noted as " exciting jet plane and auto design"
With the painted stripe front fender braces through the chain guard and or fender skirts on the girls to the rear fender braces...This stripe is not interrupted. And again the mention of the "color stream" or "color flow" makes sense
By no way am I an expert on these or even close. But, from what I can tell they were all eventually dubbed Higgins "Flow" bikes. I think the "Deluxe" models were the one with all the accessories and the standard models like the "Jet Flow" just didn't have all the bells and whistles.
I do know that many models had "JC Higgins" on the chainguard. And the only variance to this that I have seen was the "Regal Deluxe" denotation on the chainguard. Which I think there must be other model names on these different guards...but I don't know for sure.
There are few JC Higgins gurus here on the forum that would give a better insight once they chime in.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

@jd56 well I appreciate you taking the time to spread some knowledge. When I first saw the bike all I could think was it's a color flow. Then after some looking around I got to thinking it could be the regal deluxe model. Although I would think everything should be chrome and not cad plated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back