1951 CCM Hotrod Fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this build back in August, but haven't had internet to keep an updated build page so this is going to be a barrage of start to finish pics. I had collected all the parts for this build over time but when my cousin was over for a visit, he saw the frame and asked what the plan was for it. Once I told him it was a fixie project that I just hadn't got to yet, he talked me into building for him. Probably a good thing or it would still be a pile of parts. Anyway, started out with a 28 inch '51 CCM double bar and put a cool looking set of fixie rims on it that I got off RRB. Cant remember who though. Hope you like it.

Now time for some assembly.

I think the vintage dropbars just make this bike.

Had a hard time finding these whitewalls, but they are perfect.

The combination of the rim style and tires looks typical '50s. Red rims with what mimics trim rings and whitewalls just top it off I think.

And the finished product.

And the happy owner, rippin it up!

Thanks guys. I had a really hard time letting this go once I finished it, but the excitement my cousin had when he saw it was all worth it, and he has packed the miles on it already. Sure is a different feel being true fixie and having to slow down by resisting with you legs. It burns!

Very nice. Riding fixed and brake less is a true experience. It's a blast learning to lock your legs to skid.

What a cool frame and EXCELLENT execution on this build!
BRAVO!

You should put on some pedal straps so you can pull up, as well as pushing down. Those wide tires will be tough as well.

You should put on some pedal straps so you can pull up, as well as pushing down. Those wide tires will be tough as well.
Exactly you need some of foot restraint so you can push at 12 and pull at 6. What helped me was dedicating at a higher speed and leaning over the bars. No fear, even though your destined to eat .....

Back