1951 black phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my 1951 schwinn black phantom. i've been piecing this together for almost 2 years now. i pulled it out of a guys backyard where it had been sitting since the mid 80's. i just added the horn, headlight lens, and taillight today. i have a decal for the guard, and i just need to do something with the seat. absolutely the smoothest riding bike i own. here's a few pics of the progress so far.
as i got it. stem was broken off in the steering tube. bent crank:
P1040115.jpg

pieced together because i could not wait to ride it:
P1040315.jpg

getting closer:
P1010040.jpg

as it sits today:
P1050884.jpg

P1050886.jpg

P1050885.jpg

Dude!! im very jelous!! :mrgreen: To be able to ride that any-time......How coool!!!

Perfect. Don't make the decal look to shiny. You need to age it somehow.

cman said:
Perfect. Don't make the decal look to shiny. You need to age it somehow.
that's why it's not on there yet. i may come across another original guard. i'm also keeping my eye out for an original tank to swap the repop out with.

coasterbrakecustoms said:
Nice. Im workin on a customers 51 Panther and wow...some of those early parts are BIG $$$!! Bike looks good. Keep up the great work.
i hear ya. i got lucky and was able to keep most of what was on the bike when i got it. everyhing in the before pic other than the neck, bars, and crankarm were reused. other parts were picked up here and there.

Back