1948 packard hood ornament. is it aftermarket or original?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A friend I work with knows I'm in to old car's so he brought this in to me! told me he dug it up out of his dad's yard :shock: . all the photos I looked up show a solid chrome peace,not Shure this is aftermarket or a deluxe :?:

Thanks for the link! it was very helpful, looks like the one I got is a reproduction, kind of thought it was due to the fact it has a patient # and no part#.
still can't get over the fact he dug it up with the wings still on it and they didn't get broken. going to take it to the place that did the chrome on my cougar get it redone and use some plastic polish on the wings then rig a light in it and mount it on a nice base. Thanks again for the help.

I like em!!! They jus don't make them like they use to :( You have a Packard or just horde stuff like me. I can't go to the swap meet with out buying some thing I don't need just because it's cool or cheep.

oddrodal said:
I like em!!! They just don't make them like they use to :( You have a Packard or just horde stuff like me. I can't go to the swap meet with out buying some thing I don't need just because it's cool or cheep.

I just hoard cool cheap stuff too, found those at the local flea market and couldn't pass up a deal.

Back