1941 Dodge Luxury Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the areas where there are only pinholes, grind down to metal and lay in some fiberglass mat. On my project car, I also laid fiberglass over the metal patches to help tie them into the body structure. Also seals against future surface rust. Just an idea. Cool looking old car!

I've been pretty busy lately but I got the wheels painted and mounted up the new tires, it only came with 1 original hubcap and I had a set of bullet caps that just happend to fit so I'm going to use them for now. Also been making a little progress on the floors, the passenger side just needs one more piece replaced but the drivers side still has a way to go.

P1030333.jpg

P1030334.jpg

That L head 6 is a great old motor. Old Chrysler products seem to always have brake issues. Just remember, it ain't a race car, it's a cruiser. Enjoy.

Elmer said:
That L head 6 is a great old motor. Old Chrysler products seem to always have brake issues. Just remember, it ain't a race car, it's a cruiser. Enjoy.

With an amazing 95 horsepower I doubt I'll be doing any racing :lol:

Woo Hoo!!! I finished the floor pans, laid some paint down and threw some mexican blankets on the seat. Fired it up and took it for a cruise around the neighborhood, it still needs a real gas tank, and a few tthings here and there but she's a runner! :D

P1030586.jpg

P1030589.jpg

P1030590.jpg

P1030570.jpg

P1030567.jpg

Thanks Guys! Hopefully I can get some new pics tomorrow, I got the rear end sitting a little lower but I still need to change the oil before I can pull it out of the shop.

You must be the cool kid on the block :mrgreen: Sweet car for sure 8)

I was busy all day today helping a friend with his motorcycle and tomorrow morning I'm leaving for vacation. Sorry for the suspense but I'll get pics sometime... :roll:

Looks great!
Love the wheel tire combo, and lowering her will only make it more cool.

:mrgreen:

I've slowly been wrenching on the '41 whenever I get a chance. I got the fuel cell in, an 8 volt battery, new plugs and an oil filter along with some oil :D . I also polished all the trim and chrome and gave it a quick wax job to bring out the paint.

P1040011.jpg

P1040007.jpg

About 5" lower
P1040008.jpg

P1040009.jpg

P1040012.jpg

P1040013.jpg

Gdcast said:
Beautiful!!! So when will you start with the pinstripes? :D :wink:

:( No pinstripes on this one, atleast from me. I want to sell it now so I can start another project (the never ending sell, buy cycle).

Back