1940's Huffman build-- Now named: Copper Stopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1940's Huffman build-- Copper Stopper (image heavy)

I think it's complete for the most part. I still may add a tail light of some type. And possibly a battery box. But I think it's presentable 8) .

12-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

DSC_7032-1.jpg

DSC_7033.jpg

14.jpg

DSC_7034.jpg

There used to be a funky old 50's refrigerator that was that color, at a place I worked at a long time ago.
This looks better than that refrigerator... much better!

aka_locojoe said:
Very nice. I like the color, the seat, headlights etc... :D

Deciding what I wanted for the headlights was one of the hardest things. I was in Harbor Freight Tools and they always have this pair of LED flashlights for under 5 bucks so I thought I'd give then a try. I'm considering adding a battery box with a couple of copper tubes going from the box to the lights for the wiring.

spectratone said:
There used to be a funky old 50's refrigerator that was that color, at a place I worked at a long time ago.
This looks better than that refrigerator... much better!

HA! Wouldn't it be funny to say I was inspired by an old refrigerator! About a block from my house there's a jeep that's this color with large black custom wheels and silver bolt heads running around the lip of the wheel (like the silver spoke nipples). First time I saw it I thought the color combo would look good on a bike.

Great looking bike, really nice color combos here. Too bad you didn't get it in the build off probably would've fetched more than a few votes.

dude! loving the build.

What tires/wheels are those? I'm looking for a similiar setup for my current build.

and is that seat a repro or just something you found on ebay?

Thanks!

The wheels are just some old 24" wheels I bought from another member. I just rebuilt them with black spokes. The tires are Electra Fatti-O's.

The seat is by Gyes which is an offshore knockoff of Brookes but I have to say they are pretty decent quality. Another forum member mentioned these to me. They have a website here where you can buy direct from the US distributor.

http://www.crowcycleco.com/

Crow Cycle also has an ebay store if you prefer that. The guy over at Crow Cycle was super quick on answering questions and also really quick to ship.

ibr said:
dude! loving the build.

What tires/wheels are those? I'm looking for a similiar setup for my current build.

and is that seat a repro or just something you found on ebay?

Back