1939 murry rolling frame set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no pics at this time. Was offered a 1939 murry frame and wheels. Has good shroud, no tank. No fenders or chain guard. Lobdel wheels, old tires, maybe good for display. Appears to have original chain ring and crank. Pedals are rough, as are handle bars. The frame appears to be the 1939 style, loup tail frame, curved seat post, etc. Is a one day offer, need to give answer tomorrow, Saturday. Oh, the seat on it isn't too bad but is a ladies seat. Any ideas what a reasonable price would be? Not much paint left but is not "crusty". Thanks in advance, David

01092016g.jpg

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....ed-fastback-stingray-mercury-pacemaker.87432/

Thanks for the replies. Guy wanted 200.00. He is a picker guy and I think for what he had it was too much. Passsed, but told him if he didn't sell, come see me again. David

The guy got back to me today. Got it for 150.00. Am pretty certain it is the model shown above. It was made for the 1939 Worlds Fair, and up till 1941. Production stopped for the war. They say rare model, but that tells me the parts will be like finding hens teeth. Oh well....
I don't know how to put pictures on the computer. I have opened a photobucket acct. and am looking for help to down load pictures. I am close to sixty and not real computer savy.
I will try to post pictures soon of this and a few others I have. This site is a daily stop for me, and the addiction I got has a kid has been rekindled. Thanks alot RRB! David

Latest posts

Back