1939 BFG motorbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I pulled the trigger on ebay and am starting a new project!!! The basis for this one is a 39 BFG in original paint... Haven't decided on the direction yet but am kind of leaning towards a Klunker/mountain bike..... I grew up in Marin county and used to ride Mt. Tam back in the early 80's.. I had a cantilever schwinn fully built up with braze on Mafac cantilever brakes and tomaselli racer levers etc!! ... I think to begin with I will need a truss rod fork that would go with this!!
39bfg.jpg

39bfg11.jpg

39bfg6.jpg

39bfg4.jpg

39bfg8.jpg

39bfg7.jpg

That thing is IT. :wink:

Looks really well made... the craftsmanship is remarkable... I vote klunker all the way.

Anybody have some sun doublewide rims laying around??? Been lookin all over... Just thought I would ask!!! :D I will also ask in the wanted section!!!

Ok I know this is a BF Goodrich frame made by Schwinn,,, but I think deep down inside it wants to be an Excelsior!!! :D Besides when it came in the mail it told me its been waiting 70+ years to be a mountain bike!!!! :D

P2110984.jpg

P2110988.jpg

I also got the MRP bottom bracket adaptor!!
P2110985.jpg

P2110986.jpg

Here is the fork!
1296642164195_DSC00030.jpg

More to come!!!! :D

Sweet setup, love that frame and those Kenda's!

Back