1935 AMERICAN FLYER "CAMELBACK"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great score :shock:
as for cleaning it....no it wont hurt the value unless you go butchering it with a paint job(i already know thats not gonna happen though :wink: )id go so far as compound/glaze/wax....itll shine up nice the only thing you really have to worry about though is the pinstripes....theyll come off really easy with compound

Herein lies the problem...

My desire to tear the whole thing down, clean it all and detail it out is strong. I'd also like to ditch the fenders and the chainguard and run some cream Fat Franks on the bike. If I did this then I'd have to buy a nice Brooks saddle to replace the current one so as not to damage it. I'd also have to invest in some new pedals since the originals are pretty useless. This whole scenario involves me spending more money on the bike while detracting from the value.

Or...I don't do anything to it at all and make a nice profit on Ebay since I already have several cool bikes to ride. My bike account is then funded which will give me the ability to finish some other bike projects I already have going.

Rat Rod said:
Or...I don't do anything to it at all and make a nice profit on Ebay since I already have several cool bikes to ride. My bike account is then funded which will give me the ability to finish some other bike projects I already have going.

That is my vote although your vision for this bike would look really cool.

Man!!!!! Can't believe your going to sell it. It's supposed to be the other way around....sell Walmart bikes to fund a beautiful classics collection :mrgreen: You need to get back in touch with your inner rat :wink:
Rat Rod said:

Don't listen to them boy. They would probably polish an old gold doubloon . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few more shots of the rare Wald Colonial 5 sided fenders...click image to see large size.

DSC_00261.jpg

DSC_00251.jpg

DSC_00242.jpg

DSC_00202.jpg

DSC_00131.jpg

DSC_00121.jpg

DSC_00111.jpg

DSC_00101.jpg

DSC_00151.jpg

A GREAT FIND WHAT A NICE BIKE. BUT I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE WHEELS THEY ARE SO DIFFRENT FROM ALL OTHERS I HAVE SEEN I HAVE ONLY RAN A ACROSS ONE OTHER SET LIKE THAT A LADY HAD GAVE ME AN OLD... GIRLS BIKE THAT I USED FOR PARTS THAT HAD THE SAME TYPE OF WHEELS ON IT ANYONE KNOW WHAT YOU CALL THEM A TRIPPLE DROP RIM ??? ANY HOW A VERY NICE FIND ENJOY.........

Rat Rod said:
Fenders and seat will be sold off and the rest will be cleaned and greased. :mrgreen:
good call :mrgreen: and i see you recall what hoochs wheels went for huh?
did i mention i have a set with a new departure 2 speed(black out shells too boot) laced into mine :wink:

sensor said:
Rat Rod said:
Fenders and seat will be sold off and the rest will be cleaned and greased. :mrgreen:
good call :mrgreen: and i see you recall what hoochs wheels went for huh?
did i mention i have a set with a new departure 2 speed(black out shells too boot) laced into mine :wink:
mine went for 250 but they were freshly rechromed and rebuilt. I miss those :( I would be afraid to ride them much tho. I can only imagine what bike they ended up on
P6170010.jpg

Latest posts

Back