1910's Indian Motocycle Seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
OK. So this has zero bicycle content. Sorry.

I found this over the weekend. I thought it was a bike seat at first. But as I approached, I noticed it was way too large. The light was awful, but I could just make out a tiny bit of the logo. I saw what looked like I-N-D-something M-O-T-O-C-Y-something. Snatched it right up for full asking price. :wink:

A little research shows it is an early Indian saddle. Roughly from the late 1900's to the mid 1910's. Pretty dry and cracked, but the frame is in great shape.

Hey! I am a glass half full kinda guy. I have always wanted an early Indian. I am 5% of the way there! :roll:

image201.jpg

image202.jpg

image205.jpg

slacker said:
Rat Rod said:
Would look cool just sitting on a shelf. :wink:

For now it's gonna go on a shelf, right next to my 30's Brooks saddle. I'll probable put a picture of an early Indian next to it for effect.Too bad it is so big. Doesn't look that good on a pedal bike at all.

All the more reason to build a fat tire, stretched out, "make uncle stretch jealous" cruiser to put it on. :wink:

Great find by the way

outskirtscustoms said:
slacker said:
Rat Rod said:
Would look cool just sitting on a shelf. :wink:

For now it's gonna go on a shelf, right next to my 30's Brooks saddle. I'll probable put a picture of an early Indian next to it for effect.Too bad it is so big. Doesn't look that good on a pedal bike at all.

All the more reason to build a fat tire, stretched out, "make uncle stretch jealous" cruiser to put it on. :wink:

Great find by the way

It would look much better attached to something with wheels....

Your about 2 percent there..lol :wink: It's a good start :lol:

Get some baseball glove oil and soak that thing, it will probably look really good.

Back