13th wha?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so I wanted to braze my seat post up this morning and grabbed the torch...crap!! no O²..... so rather than go all the way to the gas shop and pay 40 bucks, I figured I'd fire up the antique arc welder that has been idle for 4-6 yrs..thats when the lights went dim.... :shock:

.turns out the cord had rotted inside the unit , so it smoked the cable, the plug, the receptacle, the wire all the way back to the panel , and the 30 yr old breaker... :cry:

so off to the supply house (12 mi. ea. way).. 3 hours and $167 later and I'm new all the way back to the receptacle.. wrong one in the right box... back to the supply house.. almost ready to plug it back in now... gonna have a few beers first just in case... :roll:

WOOT! after 10 hail Mary's and a Swahili medicine dance, I plugged it in and all 230 amp of goodness sprang to life!! :mrgreen: now I just need like 3 rolls of black tape and a spool gun.. :roll:

IMG_20101013_161503.jpg

Back