12.00 Well Spent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is like i promised in an earlier post my new 12.00 Murray muscle bike with a Westen Flyer decal on the seat post..

When i got the bike yesterday it had been sitting under a shed for years. I changed the crank to one with longer arms from a cruiser. The tires were rotted and busted open so i put a nice pair of tires and tubes on it from a junk bmx bike i found at the dump. Alittle cleaning and lubing and was riding like new last night.

I love the frame design of the bike. As i said earlier i had the twin to this one as a teen in the early 80s that me and my friends built for me from junk. Thinking about leaving the bike unrestored as is. Looks like it has character to me.

zmur.jpg

wheelhorseman said:
Wheres the sn. located? Dont see one on the BB. Whats a "buzz bike?" Was this some model of the Eliminator series?
Yep-you had the Buzz bike,buzz bike Jr.,Miss buzz bike,Buzz bike Eliminator and later they just dropped the buzz bike for Eliminator.

here is a 1970 Eliminator wich appears to match your paint,id guess with the fork you have its a buzz bike version.
eliminator.jpg

buzz bike
index.jpg

wheelhorseman said:
Wheres the sn. located? Dont see one on the BB. Whats a "buzz bike?" Was this some model of the Eliminator series?
Pretty much. Just badged for Western Flyer. Member Murray eliminator has some great pics of them.

Chips_Mahoy said:
wheelhorseman said:
Pretty much. Just badged for Western Flyer. Member Murray eliminator has some great pics of them.
Thanks Chips,Ithink that clears my confusion as to why I see all the names on these-Western & Murray - I get it now lol

anyhoo,I think i have two or three of the long chrome chainguards in the basement or at a friends house for the buzz bikes let me know if ya need one.

Xcruiser said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
wheelhorseman said:
Thanks Chips,Ithink that clears my confusion as to why I see all the names on these-Western & Murray - I get it now lol

anyhoo,I think i have two or three of the long chrome chainguards in the basement or at a friends house for the buzz bikes let me know if ya need one.
As a matter of fact..... I do. I gave my buzz bike to one of my son's friends since he wanted to restore a bike too. It's missing it's chain guard.

Thanks for the input. I really like this bike it takes me back to my teen years. Back then we rode that ole Murray to death until i got a free ten speed and the muscle bike had to go. Funny how things change...you couldnt pay me enough to ride a ten speed. More fun riding something like the Murray thats cool.

Ran into a problem with those chainguards.My buddy trashed one due to a big pit in it(other wise not too bad).I about strangled him cuz Id have at least hung it on the shop wall.Anyway- I have the other on the frame.
Its a miss buzz bike logo on a boys frame.( ihave the girls bike too.)
031-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back