$10 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this one at a garage sale for the princely sum of $10. The tires look almost new.
The decals are mostly gone. Is this possibly a World Tourist? and is that a good thing?

image1753.jpg

image1754.jpg

Trek 920 MTB

image1758.jpg

image1752.jpg

Kids BMX I put together from the good parts of 2 junkers. Headed for CL soon.

image1755.jpg

image1756.jpg

And finally a piece of junk I bought at the thrift store for $4.
I needed a seat, and there are some other usable parts.

image1757.jpg

Nice finds.

The Schwiin looks nice.

I have that exact Trek, same color and all, nice rider.

The Next BMX looks like a score for 4 bucks, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. around here the thrift shops would have 40.00 on that :(

good stuff.

I'd have grabbed that Next too. The aluminum frame would get you your money back just in scrap then the straight laced wheels, 3 piece crank, Decent platform pedals, and other parts are free parts to build with.

You did great on the Schwinn too. Tires are worth twice what you paid for the whole bike.

Cleaned up the TREK today. It is very nice looking and rides and shifts great. CL next weekend or maybe wait a week after super bowl.

The next junker is parted out and in my parts collection. Needed a seat for a Haro BMX that is ready to assemble for another CL ad. why do the original seats always have a big chunk of foam out of them?? :(
I think you are right about scrapping the frame for my money back, that thing is heavy. The bike was really a mess, reason to be so cheap. Lots of rust, and someone had taken the V brakes off and put some junky side pull brakes on it, and not very well at that.

The Schwinn is going to be really nice for someone taller than I am. I tried to jump on it today, and decided that would not be a good thing to do. :D

Back