10 buck klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went out to the local bicycle kitchen which is a place where people donate and build bikes to sell at low costs to help the homeless and the surrounding community with their bicycle needs. They also have a bunch of classes to show how to do stuff for free. :D :D Any how, I was poking around in their back yard parts area which is full of depo store stuff at the moment and I came across this weird thing! Its a clipper by columbia and the model is a beach clipper 10? It has heavy duty rims front and back with a ukai drum brake out back. The seat is a sweet messinger and the hunt wilde grips are clay red!!! Ive never seen those!! Ive never seen another clipper like this scouring all over the net, could someone give me a rough date of when this was made?

1348453345_zps65d0116a.jpg

no idea on the day .. crank set looks middle 70's to me .. the seat looks older than that
and I dont think that for came with it... but I have no idea.. I am just here for the
barber chairs. ......... I say its a score for 10 bones..

Love that frame, different geometry.

nice find.

Looks like a 1982 Columbia Clipper 10 "All Terrain Cruiser". It appears to be mostly original (even the seat).

Here's a picture from the 1982 Columbia catalog... very cool find for $10.

Similar to other BMX / beach cruiser style bikes of the era. The frame was their "heavy duty" cantilever.

Clipper10.jpg

Back