1 piece crank sprockets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally you remove the entire crank assembly from the bike and then you are left with the crank and the sprocket. There is normally a large flat or cone shaped nut that holds the sprocket onto the crank. Remove that nut and the sprocket comes right off the crank.

DSCF0421.jpg

can u see here? idk

Good call kev.. Theres a guy cross the road from me, The guy says, Oh ricky i bet if taken apart 10 times as many bikes as you! I helped him take out his crank assembley and fix the gyro on his sons bike.. :lol: That guy felt dumb.

Just to clarify... the backwards threads are on the nut and adjusting cone that hold the crank in the bottom bracket. The nut that holds the sprocket to the crank is normal thread (left to loosen).

Depending on the type of nut... if it has flat spots for a wrench use a large adjustable wrench or channel lock pliers. If it has the 2 slots I use screwdriver and a hammer. Helps to have a vise to hold the crank.

i had one with the slots for screw driver.. It would NOT Come off! i cut the heck out of my hands from the screw driver slipping, I had a spare crank and sprocket, The 40 pound sledge took care of it.. About 80 times! :lol:

ricksterr1221 said:
Good call kev.. Theres a guy cross the road from me, The guy says, Oh ricky i bet if taken apart 10 times as many bikes as you! I helped him take out his crank assembley and fix the gyro on his sons bike.. :lol: That guy felt dumb.

start charging people for your bike services, and you MIGHT be spared from working fast food when you turn 16.

Haha i cant do that, Im 2 nice of a guy. I dont mind working fast food, I love food, And Money's money. Im 16 now and i dont got a job. Im going 2 ask this guy at the shop like 6 miles from my house.

Back