1 of these Schwinns is not like the other-Pre-War/Pre-Scrap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked these two black Schwinn's up with-in 30 minutes of each other, both in my neighborhood. Guess which one I got for free! There is a pre-war hiding underneath that rattle can black and those new rims and tires! Came with the original seat and guard though! Locking Schwinn Springer fork + truss rods (spring and top bracket are new parts). Also comes with A good stem and AS bolts and my personal favorite part - Rubber Shock absorber Bars! I had only read about these and what I read said that most of the time the rubber had rotted away. these look all there and original. Thoughts on that? I should be able to get a better year on this one by checking the crank right? Didn't these pre-wars have a date stamped along with AS on them?

So this Chain Guard, by the mounting brackets it does look pre-war. It is actually in better condition than it would seem from the photo. Can someone give me an idea what they realistically go for? (Besides saying, What ever someone will pay for it.) :|

This one is going to get parted. I may slap it on the frame for the sale. not 100% yet. Looking up a few prices.

**Pic from Geoff Green's Book on Heavyweights

Your guard is a prewar deluxe. One year only...1941. I'd pay $75 for it if I needed it to complete a prewar bike project. $50 is probably more realistic. Gary

Latest posts

Back