(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting to work on making the final triple trees. Decided to save a little weight (lol) by using some 3/16" steel instead of the 1/4" I had planned. Made a paper template and started cutting them out.
IMG_20230616_141509614.jpg
IMG_20230616_142404322.jpg
IMG_20230616_145719721.jpg
IMG_20230616_151303527.jpg
Then realized I accidentally made a set of Batarangs. Don't tell Disney
IMG_20230616_152825334.jpg
The steer tube is 1 1/8", but it's not chromoly, so I partially sleeved it with a length of 1" tubing, then welded it to the bottom tree
IMG_20230616_160938702.jpg
IMG_20230616_160948105.jpg
IMG_20230616_162057395.jpg
IMG_20230616_163236413.jpg
IMG_20230616_163250801.jpg
IMG_20230616_181630273.jpg

The new hacked together trees held together through some seriously twisty sections on today's group bike ride around Grand Rapids.
I think I might start calling the bike "Barricade". The group was trying to cross the street and even with the flashers going off in a marked cross walk with signs posted, cars weren't stopping. So I pulled out there when traffic thinned out and easily blocked both of the lanes of traffic with my bike. I figured why not, my bike IS 11 feet long after all😎
IMG_20230617_103309203.jpg

Last edited:
The new hacked together trees held together through some seriously twisty sections on today's group bike ride around Grand Rapids.
I think I might start calling the bike "Barricade". The group was trying to cross the street and even with the flashers going off in a marked cross walk with signs posted, cars weren't stopping. So I pulled out there when traffic thinned out and easily blocked both of the lanes of traffic with my bike. I figured why not, my bike is 11 feet long😎View attachment 237184
You would make an awesome corker in a critical mass here in Berlin with that bike! :rockout:

This turned out to be a pretty good weekend so far. Went on two fun group bike rides, I'm in the process of buying a new (to me) car, finally fixed the exhaust on my mom's car after I ran over a huge truck hitch on the interstate, and I got to meet some old friends and a few new ones

Long time no see. It's been hotter than Alexandria Daddario in a swimsuit these last few weeks, and thanks to Canada it's been a smokey, hazy mess. Just broke the bike down for the final metal work and starting on primer. No pics yet, just a bunch of sanding and welding

Long time no see. It's been hotter than Alexandria Daddario in a swimsuit these last few weeks, and thanks to Canada it's been a smokey, hazy mess. Just broke the bike down for the final metal work and starting on primer. No pics yet, just a bunch of sanding and welding
Is Canada responsible for global warming? It seemed to have migrated over the years from California. And here all this time I'd been blaming corporate owned governing humans. I live and learn.

Is Canada responsible for global warming? It seemed to have migrated over the years from California. And here all this time I'd been blaming corporate owned governing humans. I live and learn.
The entire country seems to be on fire at the moment, so yeah I'd say they're heavily contributing to global warming. Visibility here in West Michigan two days ago was slightly over two miles
IMG_20230627_164635532.jpg

The entire country seems to be on fire at the moment, so yeah I'd say they're heavily contributing to global warming. Visibility here in West Michigan two days ago was slightly over two miles
2023-06-08t024544z_4_lynxmpej560w0_rtroptp_3_canada-wildfires-new-york.jpg
I took a pause from RRB the week New York was orange. It was an apocalyptic day that didn't feel like anything else should be focused on. It was a real taste of what's to come in an area otherwise unaffected by fire. With fire following the air stream this results in New Jersey aflame in the coming years. Before then I expect a few more dead canaries in the coal mine. On that day the smoke lingered motionless in Brooklyn. It was eerily sweet smelling like toasted pine. The Keffiyeh's came out like we were on the playa. Similar visibility. Back home my breathing passages were coated in that same sweet scary soot. For me, it was a uniquely haunting experience. One that I hoped would get more attention. One that was virtually ignored by munitions media but to tell us what the air quality was.. then forgotten.
13357112_ap-nyc-smoke.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 238742I took a pause from RRB the week New York was orange. It was an apocalyptic day that didn't feel like anything else should be focused on. It was a real taste of what's to come in an area otherwise unaffected by fire. With fire following the air stream this results in New Jersey aflame in the coming years. Before then I expect a few more dead canaries in the coal mine. On that day the smoke lingered motionless in Brooklyn. It was eerily sweet smelling like toasted pine. The Keffiyeh's came out like we were on the playa. Similar visibility. Back home my breathing passages were coated in that same sweet scary soot. For me, it was a uniquely haunting experience. One that I hoped would get more attention. One that was virtually ignored by munitions media but to tell us what the air quality was.. then forgotten.View attachment 238743
Yep, our weaponized media seems to be doing nothing but spewing out distraction after distraction as the world around us continues to burn

I’m getting solicitations every week from attorneys who want me to join a class action suit for soot, smoke and wildfire ash damage.

The thing is we haven’t really had any at my house. No more than a light dusting of ash and occasional smoke, and that was all over two years ago.

Back