☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scratch that idea. The wheelchair hand rims where only about 5/8 diameter.

Scratch that idea. The wheelchair hand rims where only about 5/8 diameter.
Even better King! Take them to your welder mate and get him to weld a piece of 1" tube over it in the middle and two 7/8" pieces at the ends for your grips!

The narrowness of the tube could end up being a highlight... :thumbsup:

Luke.

Found this pick of some of the PHAT/3G Daytona bars. Not right for this build, but I would love to get my hands on a set of these one day.
daytona.jpg

Hey, my oldest girl's up your way with her Girl Scout troop...so...like, tell Savannah to keep it classy while they're there. ;)

We are used to hosting the squealing Girl Scouts all the time. They were founded only two blocks away from me.

We are used to hosting the squealing Girl Scouts all the time. They were founded only two blocks away from me.
That almost begs for a chorus of the "Girl Scout Cookie" song.... I used to do that one in college and years after...:acute:

man, you always find cool stuff.
the bike is goin in a great direction, but as much a i like the hourglass apes they just dont quite fit with the rest of it.
rounded "beach bar" right side up or flipped?
long & low always looks tight.

looking good my friend

man, you always find cool stuff.
the bike is goin in a great direction, but as much a i like the hourglass apes they just dont quite fit with the rest of it.
rounded "beach bar" right side up or flipped?
long & low always looks tight.

looking good my friend

Glad you like it buddy! Thanks for the feedback. Bars are still be put off for a while, but like I said before, I really just do not like beach bars AT ALL. Who knows what I'll end up with. About the only think I haven't tried are OCC chevron bars. :)

Finally got around to doing a "LITTLE" bit of work tonight. Forgot to take photos. I removed the front fork and took my dremel grinder wheel and started grinding away part of the inside of the Elgin headtube shroud. No way would I have considered this if this wasn't already a beat up one. Had to open up the steertube hole more on the top side. I think I just about have the top piece shaved where it needs to be. Next I had to start on the bottom section. I can tell that this is going to need more work but it got too late to make noise. I can also tell that I need to do/redo some of the JBWeld re-enforcing of some cracks and stress points on the shroud.

My original thoughts on color was a turquoise with the red wheels and white walls
I really liked this satin Sea Glass from Krylon
WP_20150509_18_45_38_Pro.jpg

But I have been rethinking my wheels (I may use 26" ones) and came across this Rustoleum Metallic Sienna Mist. It sure does remind me of Coppertone.
WP_20150607_16_21_32_Pro.jpg

My original thoughts on color was a turquoise with the red wheels and white walls
View attachment 10961

But I have been rethinking my wheels (I may use 26" ones) and came across this Rustoleum Metallic Sienna Mist. It sure does remind me of Coppertone.
View attachment 10962
What did Jesse James (Chopper Guy) used to say? "Green for the money and Gold for the honeys."

king,
What about Nirve Kandy bars? Curvy, yet upright....maybe even inverted....just throwing mental spaghetti at the wall...
216h6a263pL.jpg

I have some black ones sorta like that from a Nirve I think.

View attachment 10961

View attachment 10962
Which, ah, Coppertone (girl) were you reminded of , KF? Ha ha, yeah...Coppertone and the 60's and 70's....

Little handlebar update: I sold the Flying Machine Bikes Razor bars last week. Don't fret though. We should see them re-appear on a different BO9 build at some point. I loved the bars, but I don't think they were the right scale for VerBoten. The other builder asked if I wanted to sell them, so we are all in for a treat later on.

Back