★★★ Go Away ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is what I will be starting out with.... I took it for one last run in the country on a 10 mile journey down the beautiful dirt roads.... Enjoying a little peace before things get hecktic with this bad boy....

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Tank.jpg

RRBBO6006.jpg

RRBBO6004.jpg

RRBBO6002.jpg

RRBBO6001.jpg

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★

I could be wrong, but it looks like a CWC to me. Maybe a 1955 or 56 after they absorbed Shelby (chain ring) and reduced the diameter of the lower top tube. How close am I? Always happy to see lots of CWCs in the build-offs! Have fun!

Road Master said:
I could be wrong, but it looks like a CWC to me. Maybe a 1955 or 56 after they absorbed Shelby (chain ring) and reduced the diameter of the lower top tube. How close am I? Always happy to see lots of CWCs in the build-offs! Have fun!

I am not sure.... lower left drop... ser# is H009661... and there is AMF logos all over it... but had a nice Roadmaster tank that got robbed off by friend.... :cry: ... there were no initial plans for this bike but have grown fond of CWC stuff... This one fits the bill for this build...

CWC for Life!!!

Cool Fenders, I've never seen round fenders before that have a ridge like that. This bike could go as is. Put a headlight on it and call it good.

johnp.smith said:
Cool Fenders, I've never seen round fenders before that have a ridge like that. This bike could go as is. Put a headlight on it and call it good.

Thought bout that when i got it... but can never just let anything be... Going to change look and feel of this bike completely

I am a big fan of big and littles... so I think that is what i will be doing with this bike as well....

002-1.jpg

001-5.jpg

163070_140094882715209_100001440945805_253806_1808897_n.jpg

Ok... Started some work today as the weather is just beautiful out.... :D

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Took 11" off either side of the cruiser bars to make a nice set of curved drag bars....

001-1.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★ (Updated 05-03-11 ★ 01:16pm)

Dig that bike.. 8)

Working on getting front wheel laced up... it is the match to the wheel on front of blue bike above.... i just had to pull out the rear hub to lace in a front.... using a german made shwinn hub that I was lucky to have... I dont have much stuff for 24 ' wheels...

Man, this was great to start with!
Should be killer after a build. 8)

garagegoon said:
johnp.smith said:

Thought bout that when i got it... but can never just let anything be... Going to change look and feel of this bike completely

They are called Gothic or peaked fenders. Most CWC and at least the early AMF's had them. I like them better than the rounded ones, most stylish

Fenders are going in the scrap pile unless someone has any trades..... Like trades better than money.... 8)

Critter1 said:
I'm diggin the bars!!

Thank you... 8)

I hope such a narrow set will work on this build... Fell in love with the chopped bars on my last build... figured one more bike with them couldnt hurt... :D

garagegoon said:
Road Master said:

I am not sure.... lower left drop... ser# is H009661... and there is AMF logos all over it... but had a nice Roadmaster tank that got robbed off by friend.... :cry: ... there were no initial plans for this bike but have grown fond of CWC stuff... This one fits the bill for this build...

CWC for Life!!!

Yeah, if the serial number is on the drop out then it is not CWC built even though it's the same frame. CWC's last production was 1956 and all their serial numbers were on the bottom brackets. Good news is CWC parts will fit! Looking forward to what you come up with. Have fun!

Back