█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/1 GITCHAZZ 2C Page 100 Update!!!

Peatbog said:
Kingfish, Sunday night 11PM:

Can%27t%20stop%20thinking%20cartoon.gif

More like Monday night at 9:59 PM EDT.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/2 My Old Screamer 2 and Shifter

Installed the shifter tonight. I decided to put one of the leftover MACH-WARP-LUDICROUS-11 stickers from the speedo onto the shifter housing.

Has anyone ever painted their cable housings? I don't want the white housing showing, so I laid a coat of Metalcast Ground Coat on it tonight. I'll put some Metalcast Red on it tomorrow.

WP_000246.jpg

WP_000238.jpg

WP_000242.jpg

WP_000243.jpg

Full side view with shifter

WP_000239.jpg

Just checking to make sure it still has grips... yep.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 8/2 Screamer Shifter WhiskyAGoGo

Finally got around to wiring up the battery and switch into the whisky flask.

The switch is going to be under the screw top flask cap. I positioned the microswitch into some packing foam for a nice fit. Then I used a cut up credit card to act as a tension washer jammed inside the flask mouth. I also had to snip some of the switch lever off.

WP_000247.jpg

WP_000249.jpg

Installed the Whisky-A Go-Go power pack onto Flexy

WP_000251-Copy.jpg

Here is the switch

WP_000252-Copy.jpg

And the second bottle opener

WP_000253-Copy.jpg

WP_0002552-1.jpg

WP_000257-Copy.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Just checking to make sure it still has grips... yep.

Oh this baby has grips, but better yet, it has teeth. Better watch out or a hidden bunny might jump out and Bitechaondaazz

bunnyteeth.jpg

Seems like this bike is almost... hiding something. :wink:

This bike has so much going on, it could be hiding right in plain sight.

BTW - what rear hub did you wind up using? I missed that somewhere amongst the 100+ pages of posts...

Peatbog said:
Your speedometer face kinda looks like the Animal from the Muppets:

disney_muppets_animal_sketch_poster-rc74c890cd0754774a3746f0d6b47b496_ase5_328.jpg

Okay, you have to squint and use your imagination a bit...

He's is even a matching color. Maybe I should repaint the seat to match this?

muppets-party-animal.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Seems like this bike is almost... hiding something. :wink:

What do you think this build is? Where's Waldo? :)

expjawa said:
This bike has so much going on, it could be hiding right in plain sight.

BTW - what rear hub did you wind up using? I missed that somewhere amongst the 100+ pages of posts...

I had Nexus 7 laced up. It shifts sweet with the muscle bike shifter too.

WP_000239.jpg

Ah. I have one of those on my Schwinn Deluxe 7. On that bike, with a 36T chainring, I never use 1st or 2nd. It's just geared too short, and is a bit limited in 7th. I'm thinking of changing the tooth numbers around a bit when I have time. You've got a, what, 46T sprocket? I expect you won't have that issue. One thing I have run across is that if I push down too hard on the back pedal (getting off the bike mostly), the coaster locks up and won't unrelease without giving it another hard kick. Other than that, the Nexus has been a good hub.

expjawa said:
Ah. I have one of those on my Schwinn Deluxe 7. On that bike, with a 36T chainring, I never use 1st or 2nd. It's just geared too short, and is a bit limited in 7th. I'm thinking of changing the tooth numbers around a bit when I have time. You've got a, what, 46T sprocket? I expect you won't have that issue. One thing I have run across is that if I push down too hard on the back pedal (getting off the bike mostly), the coaster locks up and won't unrelease without giving it another hard kick. Other than that, the Nexus has been a good hub.

When I road it around it seems about right for me. I haven't had any issues with the coaster jamming either. All I had to do to make the 5 speed shifter work was break of the back detention arm. This gave me just the right amount of travel for the Nexus 7.

Man, that bike came together really well. You did a killer job on this one!

kingfish254 said:
When I road it around it seems about right for me. I haven't had any issues with the coaster jamming either. All I had to do to make the 5 speed shifter work was break of the back detention arm. This gave me just the right amount of travel for the Nexus 7.

I didn't run across the lock-up issue until I'd had the bike, oh, a year and a half or so. It may be a wear issue, I don't know. But I put that coaster brake to good use. It's about a 1/4 mile down a 6% grade from my house to Main Street, and that's the only brake this 50 lb bike has.

With the shifter you are using, is it indexed, or is it a friction shifter that you've got to "feel" for shift position? I could see where a IG hub would be a lot more sensitive to specific cable position & tuning than derailer gearing would be.

expjawa said:
kingfish254 said:

I didn't run across the lock-up issue until I'd had the bike, oh, a year and a half or so. It may be a wear issue, I don't know. But I put that coaster brake to good use. It's about a 1/4 mile down a 6% grade from my house to Main Street, and that's the only brake this 50 lb bike has.

With the shifter you are using, is it indexed, or is it a friction shifter that you've got to "feel" for shift position? I could see where a IG hub would be a lot more sensitive to specific cable position & tuning than derailer gearing would be.

This is a tension based shifter, and it's actually quite easy to "feel" your way into the gear that feels right. I may end up putting some tick marks on the shifter body, but I doubt it.

Terry66 said:
Man, that bike came together really well. You did a killer job on this one!

Thanks Terry! Only minor stuff to wrap up now and then take pics this weekend.

I don't know if anyone noticed that I used the shot glass jigger from the same cocktail shaker that I used for the TwinFlex rear spring cover.

I have mounted it with on the kickstand mount and have something cool planned for it.

WP_000251-Copy.jpg

This bike has everything so I want you to cue up Donny Hathaway "Live" - Everything is Everything. This is a build song and a mellow groove in your honor my friend. Crank it!! Peace

I don't know if anyone noticed that I used the shot glass jigger from the same cocktail shaker that I used for the TwinFlex rear spring cover.

I saw that it was there, figured it was just a curious bit of ornamentation...

expjawa said:

I saw that it was there, figured it was just a curious bit of ornamentation...

Like so many of my doodads, it is a curious bit of ornamentation. I have really thought of any functional use for this, but I thought it went well with the flask and the cocktail shaker. I am just decorating a little. Maybe if I noodle on it more, I will think of a funtional purpose for it as well.

Jake Sensi said:
This bike has everything so I want you to cue up Donny Hathaway "Live" - Everything is Everything. This is a build song and a mellow groove in your honor my friend. Crank it!! Peace

Thanks for the shout out dedication Mr. J! A long mellow groove to match my long mellow build thread. I am going to have to add this one to my shop mp3 player. You just don't hear 13+ minute songs or jams anymore. Heck, you could probbly build two bikes in the time it takes to play this jam!!!! :wink: Thanks brudderman!!!

Back