▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always fun to watch your process. I'd been on the road for a few days and the pic-heavy threads are sometimes slow to load, so I had many pages here to catch up on. Great work, as always.

Thanks. It feels good to be almost done with the bolting up of the car body parts. I always try to have fun with my builds and this bike is pure fun when I ride it.

Look what I saw when visiting the kids doctor with my older one...
View attachment 240389
😁

I've seen different versions all over Europe over the years. It feels so good to finally be putting mine to good use.

20230709_171131.jpg
20230709_171144.jpg
20230709_171206.jpg
20230709_171235.jpg
20230709_171255.jpg

A boy and his bike

20230709_161207.jpg

20230709_172755.jpg
20230709_170619.jpg
20230709_164850_06.jpg

By the way, everything held together well on the shakedown cruise yesterday.
The car body and speed rails all all bolted up well. I will trim the length of the front of the speed rails once I determine the final placement and mounting method for the grill. My plan for the rear of the speed rail is to slice the back side angle so that I can curve it to match the bottom rear curve of the car body.
The engine is all sliced and diced and positioned were the parts mesh together well. I just have to remove the tape and screw and/or rivet the various parts together and then bolt them to the the speed rail too.
I still need to work out brackets to mount the grill section to both the engine and the speed rail.
I was really surprised with the fact that I had all of these tins screwed or taped up to the bike and there was no real rattling. Of course if I hit a big enough bump the front taped stuff made some noise, but it all stayed together and I never had to break out my emergency foil mockup tape. :D
I'm very please with how solid this is working out to be. It is extremely fun to ride and it's not awkward at all.

Last edited:
Yet another name change. After my ride with the full front end out in the wild, I am leaning more towards a vintage racing vibe than a dragster or street rod.

The new build name is "Speedfish Special"

▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars) - BO18 Build Journal​

Some inspiration pics (the last one is just the Georgia Tech Ramblin Wreck)

Screenshot_20230711_092329_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_091957_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_091840_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_091637_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_090834_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_090005_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230710_222110_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Yet another name change. After my ride with the full front end out in the wild, I am leaning more towards a vintage racing vibe than a dragster or street rod.

The new build name is "Speedfish Special"

Some inspiration pics (the last one is just the Georgia Tech Ramblin Wreck)

View attachment 240547View attachment 240548View attachment 240549View attachment 240550View attachment 240551View attachment 240552View attachment 240553
Maybe an opportunity to venture across the bridge and see if you can get any good photo opps at the old racetrack on Hutchison island. All the walls, tire barriers, and pit road are still there

😉👌

Maybe an opportunity to venture across the bridge and see if you can get any good photo opps at the old racetrack on Hutchison island. All the walls, tire barriers, and pit road are still there

😉👌

Or go to Roebling Raceway up the road.
BTW, for some reason the edit thread title isn't showing up. Is it accidentally on lockdown? @Captain Awesome

Or go to Roebling Raceway up the road.
BTW, for some reason the edit thread title isn't showing up. Is it accidentally on lockdown? @Captain Awesome
That too. Was going to mention

Unsure. Angie has been working on it for a few days but everything on this side appears to be correct and not stopping anyone from editing. Craziest thing

Anybody that wants there’s updated in the meantime just let one of the staff know and we can hook it up

▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars) - BO18 Build Journal​

😉👌

@Funkme did a fun gif of her going around a racetrack with her rookie build in Build Off 7. I couldn't find that gif, but I did find her racetrack ride video.
Here is a blast from the past!

Dead set show bike! I bet where everywhere you go on this everybody will look! Awesome! its my kinda bike!

Thanks man! It does get a lot of attention. The biggest draw is the steering wheel. Then they realize it has some kinda racing body on it. Then they notice the engine. I've already had at least 10 or 15 people taking photos of it. I even got one of them to take one with my camera a couple of days ago.

Back