SILVER KING KUSTOM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i saw the topic i got goose bumps then to see that not only is it a silver king it is the leaf spring king WOW!!!!!!! i like where you are going with it i like the idea of lowering the rear with the hand fabed peices you made. i asume you have checked the frame for cracks because they are notorious for it i think the grade of aluminum was not what it should have been. but i love the bike i am very jeloius of it keep us updated.

Hey, um, would you be willing to trade that for some internal organs? If so I got this liver about the size of a christmas ham you can have.

i have checked the frame for cracks and it's all good! the plans at the moment are to remove the spring
set-up from it and extend that bottom section with a bolt up piece...but i'm still debating it!

i would personally not do a bolt on extension for the bb only for fear of stressing the frame. i would keep this bike more on the mild side and if anything find someone to make you a frame based on that design but modded how you want.

Okay, I admit, I'm not "up" on the value of of antique or rare bikes. What would one of these bikes go for completely restored? We've seen your work, and know that your bikes are worth THOUSANDS of dollars! If this bike is worth anything "under" 5000 restored, then make the bike YOU want. CHOP the crap out of it! IT'S JUST A BIKE! The things we've seen you make are "pieces of art", I just can't imagine YOUR final product being worth less then a restored original. (Just my opinion)

when i first got this frame i did some research and heard that a bike similar to this one [original form] sold for $6000us...how true that is i'm not sure but
even if it is worth that much, i'm not actually going to cut anything up! i'm planning it so that everything i do can be put back the way it was [if i wanted to].
i will be thinking every piece of this bike out properly, so whatever i add just bolts up etc...

just got this rear guard that's alloy for the rear of the bike...it's got some great detail, it should
look great with the rest of the bike.
rearalloyfender.jpg

i really REALLY can't wait to see how this takes shape....

i've seen some of your other builds where you take a ordinary no brand bike and make a masterpiece out of it. i can't begin to imagine what you can do with this frame!

Looks like a cool project. I'm looking at starting a Silver King ratrod project myself with an old Silver King that was originally my Aunt's, it used to be in my Grandpa's garage, and we'd ride it around the neighborhood as kids, so it has a lot of sentimental value. Here's the "before" picture. It has some mountain bike bars on it in this picture... have what I think are the original bars with it...

silver_king_1.jpg

that frame/style looks good too! i have recently got myself one of those type of frames as well, as i
think they have a great lines. that bike of yours sounds very special and should be great for you to
start riding it around again!

g kustom kuhl said:
just got this rear guard that's alloy for the rear of the bike...it's got some great detail, it should
look great with the rest of the bike.
rearalloyfender.jpg

Someone must have bought a TRUCK load of these fenders! They're showing all over the place here! :lol:

g kustom kuhl said:
really? i haven't noticed them anywhere yet!! i now don't know if i want to use them!!
where/who has used/posted them?

Hey, "g", if you don't want them............ :lol:

Latest posts

Back