NightShift Worksman Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so while cruising around the For Sale section in the forum i ran across some parts and frames i was interested in and pulled the trigger, Made a few good friends along the way and now i have acquired a good amount of parts to slap together my first Worksman build. So i picked up a Worksman frame and fork from indz-chuck and a set of Felt 26" coaster wheels from MIGZ and with a few other pars i have laying around i can build a pretty slick bike! It'll be a plain and simple cruiser, somewhat Rat'd out and hopefully i can turn it out in these next two weeks to have it out at the Frankenbike swapmeet with a price tag on it.

It will be all bare metal with a few fresh parts. only things im lacking now are pedals and a tire tube. lots off wire wheel action ahead.

Here's what im starting with

And couldnt resist and stuffed my last tube in a tire and tried one on. Been sitting on these tires for a while and couldnt have gone on a better bike!

on to some dirty work... took the frame down to my shop to tear down and cut the tabs off. hit them with a cuttoff disk, flapper, and filed them down the rest of the way by hand for best results.

chainstay

seat tube

down tube

Weeeeeeee another thickslicker for my thread, look forward to seeing it built, counting the days before I can order these tyres, they are like gold in the UK.

Thanks guys, here is today's progress...

wire wheels stripped the frame and fork

And here's a HOW-TO on a clamp-less seat post. Worksman frames take a 7/8 seat post so i used a piece of 1/8 wall motorcycle handle bar and a stem bolt from a stem i dont plan to use heres how it went

Then cut a section to match the lenghth of the stem and angled cut

what you're left with

insert stem washer with a slight gap and burn it in

grind and smooth out the weld for the seat hardware to slide over and here's your clamp-less seat post

and here it is installed. just slide it in and tighten the stem bolt and you're good to go. I also cut down the seat tube to clean it up from the clamp notch

And some mock up. one piece crank. still need to find some pedals and grips.

used aircraft stripper on the stem cap and scotchbrite polished it and came out clean as a whistle.

Saddle i got for $2 at a swap meet fits the build

and how it looks on the post. I'll move it up before the test ride

Great looking bike! For $14, you should throw a set of black coke bottle grips from Ian on there!
Woo! This bad boy is cool.

PS, gonna have to borrow that seat post idea. Got one that just won't fully tighten down for me....

Latest posts

Back