(MBBO #5 Class II) Four-gone Conclusion...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just four days into this and your already painting! We've got three months right?
TRM, up here we might have 30 days left before it will be too cold to paint. I have shoveled 6" of snow off my driveway as early as Oct 5....

We also might land on a couple of 70-80 degree days in late October / early Nov. But we can't count on it. I figured, hey, none of the parts are on the bike yet, why not paint it? That way there's still room for some creativity with doodads and add-ons later....:bigsmile:

Oh yeah, there will be a chain guard too.....The BACK40 parts paint stump...
20160905_124918.jpg

You guys are in the wrong build off if you're thinking patina... Muscle cars and muscle bikes are not lead sleds or bare metal bombs or faux patina. Muscle bikes shine! They have awesome paint schemes, fades and flames, checkered flags and chrome. Not rust. On a rat rod it's a sweet patina but on a muscle bike it's rust. Not the same. It's tough, I like patina too, but the paint scheme makes or breaks a muscle bike. Chromes gotta shine.

Carl.

406 big-block and a four-speed. Looks fantastic. Different strokes, etc.

video_still_194.jpg

furyus

406 big-block and a four-speed. Looks fantastic. Different strokes, etc.

View attachment 33229

furyus
Haha! I love that car and ratty bikes too...
BUT...you know it ain't a Muscle Car.
1965 Ford Mustang pretty much acknowledged as the first muscle car (actually 64 1/2) Anything older don't make it. MANY ratrod carshows allow nothing newer than 64' for the same reason. Now I know as well as most that there are some crossovers but as a rule of thumb...
Ratrods or 1964 older, 1965 or newer Musclecars...

Carl

That Galaxie looks good like that, original hubcaps and all, but shiny is good too!

images

Haha! I love that car and ratty bikes too...
BUT...you know it ain't a Muscle Car.
1965 Ford Mustang pretty much acknowledged as the first muscle car (actually 64 1/2) Anything older don't make it. MANY ratrod carshows allow nothing newer than 64' for the same reason. Now I know as well as most that there are some crossovers but as a rule of thumb...
Ratrods or 1964 older, 1965 or newer Musclecars...

Carl
Oh, gosh we're gonna ruin OddJobs thread, but it's definitely muscle. If you're right, you eliminate 409 Impalas, 413 Dodges, 406 Fords, and a bunch more. The Mustang was the first pony car, not the first muscle car. The Big 3 all made basic super stock drag cars available to the general public, and in many ways these cars were far more pure muscle than the cars that followed in the later 60's.

That said, most muscle cars are shiny. I really dig survivors and rats, though, so I don't believe rust and muscle are mutually exclusive, especially forty-some years after the era ended (new muscle is a different thing).

furyus

TRM, up here we might have 30 days left before it will be too cold to paint. I have shoveled 6" of snow off my driveway as early as Oct 5....

We also might land on a couple of 70-80 degree days in late October / early Nov. But we can't count on it. I figured, hey, none of the parts are on the bike yet, why not paint it? That way there's still room for some creativity with doodads and add-ons later....:bigsmile:
You wouldn't have that problem if you stayed here in AZ year around and we only have to shovel sunshine not snow here.

You wouldn't have that problem if you stayed here in AZ year around and we only have to shovel sunshine not snow here.
Ain't it the truth....looking forward to 'winter' in the valley...

Glad to see that ^ Luke. I was getting a little worried, because I'm pretty sure my Columbia is older than '65......thought I might have to drop out....

Rainy day outside The BACK40.....working on the 'interior'....seat cushion and upholstery.

Double pad on the seat pan. Red faux leather material. Good color match, should be nice and s-mooo-th.....cool texture too!

20160906_110421.jpg

20160906_110433.jpg

20160906_111154.jpg

20160906_111433.jpg

sounds like i won't be the only one revealing the bike in a white background

Paint job looks good! and that leather could not match it better :113:

sounds like i won't be the only one revealing the bike in a white background

Paint job looks good! and that leather could not match it better :113:
Thanks OHP. Yeah I matched the paint to the leather....the purse to the shoes, so to speak! :21:
That one ^ was for @metalchewy ....my fashionable fabric finding friend!

Latest posts

Back