karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
second bike has been started
chainstays are done
chainstays.jpg

and yeah ill shut up since this is now a dead thread

nice bottle sensor i dont think that is prohibition because i have one during that time and the way they got around the laws was to sell whiskey that was marked "medical use only." my flask was a full on impulse buy not thinking about the fact that it was a beer bike build off. but honestly i dont think i will be putting much in the flask cause it just yells "pull me over mr officer." anyways jay is right build the .... thing already i am so guilty it is not funny. and sensor wait you said this is the second bike well where is the first? and i dig the chain stays wish i could pull off a double bend i am just not there yet

first bike got killed with the cut off wheel and torch since it didnt meet my approval(rode it for a week and wasnt happy with its looks so it died :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
hmmmm all work and no talk makes jack a dull boy!!!
2nds 3/4s done as of right now(broke a finger so im off work and had time to play today.....)
whathavedone.jpg

oh wait....thats my top secret exhaust bike :lol: rides kinda funky but it gets more looks than a rock star :lol:
getbent.jpg

is this where that bars stays?
nope
getbent2.jpg

that looks right
i learned i needed to practice my lettering more before i paint
namehmmmmmm.jpg

as for the bottle all the paper labels are gone so i cant tell as of yet(but i know its not later than 40's...i do have one that is 'medicinal' but i digress)
anyhow double bends arent hard you just need to be(as an old boss would say) smarter than the metal youre working on

clique-clique!

got the garage all cleaned up and purdy now i will shut up until i have something new to post. i am new at this frame building thing as i said before and really have no clue how to do it. it is trial and error for sure with more error and a lot of trial but i am getting the hang of it.

shhhhh........dont talk you might scare them away!

the one in the middle is the only survivor of the first frame :lol:

thats the last of the bends....now its time to cut and tack(heck if the doctor keeps me off work until mon. i think itll may be ready for paint by then)

i was trying to work on my bike the other day and got so fusterated because everything was all over the place i ripped the garage apart and moved a bunch of stuff around. now A/A ALTERED has her own dedicated bench to work on no more plywood on two feed barels. got the bottom tube done finally gotta get batteries for the camera. i promise more will come quick now

well finally an update. got pissed and decided to cut my frame in half..... just kidding

Picture021.jpg

gfdsgr.jpg

gfdsg.jpg

now that the front half is figured out time to get to work on the rear half and fork

looks great!
i guess ill show what ive taken pics of so far(like i said this one will have lots more curves)
getbent7.jpg

but i did get some parts that were much needed....

karfer you seem to be really into the higgins frame design. :wink:

nothing really exciting found my sprocket i am going to use at the stockton show.

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

the front half is a done deal getting that lower tube to fit was a battle. and i thought it would be simple silly me :oops:

seaotter001.jpg

seaotter002.jpg

seaotter003.jpg

took a head on shot and i am pretty pleased with how straight it came out
seaotter005.jpg

seaotter006.jpg

seaotter007.jpg

the front half is all welded up my welder was having issues just not running very smooth. it will be fine though i still have some filling to do so i can grind the welds flush but it is starting to look like something at least

Love the sprocket, I just found one just like it, but not in as good of condition at all.

frame looks good, an im lovin the sprocket. so your gonna run skiptooth on this one?

not much to look at but im pretty proud of this....
partspanel002.jpg

measured for the spokes/laced/tensioned and trued it all myself(and this time its done right karfer...i know you remember the last ones i did :lol: )...still have to finish making the rear sprocket though

i think i found a place for these nubs as well
partspanel004.jpg

you like the olives huh? :lol: wheel looks good.

git er done buddy looks good to me. and is that a 80mm rim i see? maybe it just looks wide in the pic. mine is only 65mm guess you got me beat. started work on the rear end i am crossing my fingers it works out or i may be starting over too :lol:

sensor said:
not much to look at but im pretty proud of this....
partspanel002.jpg
You should be. The wheel looks good, those are some nice shoes and your pants are cuffed equally on both sides! :lol:

ej599 said:
You should be. The wheel looks good, those are some nice shoes and your pants are cuffed equally on both sides! :lol:

Can't tell ya how to do the wheel...But a few more washings and drying should take care of that "cuff" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back