Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tri297

"building" a loser

It depends on what you wanted from the start. If you always wanted an awesome full carbon roadbike, a Chinese carbon frame could be your dreambike. If you always wanted a cervelo dura ace di2 S5 or a litespeed archon (my dreambikes) and you get anything less or a copy, it may bother you later...
  2. tri297

Lowering a Felt Bandit front end.

Got some shorter cranks today for 6 bucks. Compared to the 170 stock cranks these are 140. I mounted them and get about 1 inch space between the ground and pedal in vertical position now. I think I will drop the fork a bit more to get 1.5 inch space. These cranks seem a nice size, I sat on the...
  3. tri297

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Dad build (late 2012) This is my dad's old Motobecabe Super Mirage. He taught me to ride without side wheels when I was around 4 I think. I remember looking up at this frame from a pretty low angle. He kept it for years but didnt do anything to fix it. So one day, I picked it up, put a...
  4. tri297

I took a look in the fork tubes, and want to share. As I usually convince myself things are the way I want them to be. Check it out below. I had to take pics holding my phone and a flashlight in the tube and I can see some difference going deeper. The line you see a bit down, where the...
  5. tri297

Thanks Luke, those are good tips. I will shine some light in the fork tubes to see if I see any changes in the tube past the triple tree, maybe tap on it with a wrench to see if the sound changes. I think if there is a change and there is a smooth transition from thick pipe to less thick pipe...
  6. tri297

Hi. Here is an update on my build. This is somewhat the way I want the bike to look after I lower it. The lower the better, but I noticed that there are some challenges there. It would not be any fun if there werent right? 1. How low: The pedals need to clear the ground when riding. I figured...
  7. tri297

Ok I will be chopping the lower end of the fork and adding new mounts higher up. Question: I have the bike set up to figure out the height and wonder what is the lowest functioning height for the pedals from the ground with the crank in vertical position. I will be riding this to work, so it has...
  8. tri297

Lately I have been looking at a bike that I have in storage. Its a Felt Bandit chopper. I stopped riding it because I dont really like chopper bicycles. I am more of a board tracker, low to the ground bike kind of guy. I always wanted to shorten the fork but the frame is pointy in the front and...
  9. tri297

Hi from Aruba - lowering a felt bandit

Thanks! I will do that.
  10. tri297

Hi from Aruba - lowering a felt bandit

Hi everyone. My name is Daniel and I love bikes. I build them, customize them and ride them. I am not great with engines, but am a wizard with bikes. Wish I could weld, but thats coming soon. I started out as a kid, and made some cool rat bikes with the plastic 16" wheels, frankenstein...
Back